HBAS Aquarium sleepover

Caryl

Grant and I will be heading to Napier Feb 19 - 22 for an exec meeting the weekend of the HBAS sleepover and quiz night. If anyone needs a ride...

We head up Friday and back Monday, stopping at Te Papa to see the Pompei Exhibition on the way home :bounce:

Oh yeah, they are having a tank crawl on the Sunday too! :bounce:

So... on Saturday visit the National Aquarium, attend a sleepover if you want, participate in the Quiz Night then go on the tank crawl on Sunday and visit Te Papa on Monday 8)

Here are the details, since Caryl beat me to it!

Sleepover-Invite-2010.jpg

Sleepover at the National Aquarium of New Zealand on Saturday night, enjoy some fun and

games before bedding down in the main Oceanarium.

Suitable for children and those who refuse to grow up!

Have your dinner before you arrive, or bring it with you at 6.00pm to eat at the venue. (Sorry -

no fish and chips allowed, they smell the place out, and the occupants may get a bit upset...)

Cost - $15.00 per person, includes breakfast on Sunday morning.

Tank Crawl - help us judge our annual tank and pond competition on Sunday.

Meet at the Education Room at the Aquarium at 9.00am for judging sheets and directions.

The tank crawl will conclude with a Sausage Sizzle provided by our club at the final tank crawl

destination in the early afternoon.

Bookings - please book your sleepover by sending a PM to me and I will give you the

payment details.

If you wish to attend the fun and games for the evening but are sleeping somewhere else, or

just want to participate in the tank crawl, let us know as well for catering purposes.

The Fine Print - The sleepover is limited to 40 persons - first paid replies get first option,

please be aware that this is Art Deco Weekend in Napier, and alternative accommodation will

be at a premium, if not non existent, although there will be some interesting deco events for

non fishy people to attend.

Please bring your own sleeping bags and pillows, and if you think that you will not be able to

handle the concrete floor for the night, bring a camp mattress as well.

There are no shower facilities available at the Aquarium.

Hope to see you there!

• 1 month later...

We had a great weekend! Thanks to the HBAS members who made it so memorable and special thanks to Diane and Kevin for the good food, accommodation and conversation. :hail:

Art Deco weekend was great and it was lovely to see so many people dressed in period costume. I will upload photos soon.

The exec meeting went well then we had a pot luck tea, auction, scavenger hunt, Funimal creating, and sleepover in the National Aquarium. The next day was a tank crawl around some local members' places followed by a BBQ lunch.

Thanks to all who participated. :bounce:

Aww shucks - thanks Caryl.... :oops:

Good to see some new faces, and Wok did not get anywhere near putting me in with the sharks :wink:

Did you manage to get the local weekend paper Caryl? I have the Saturday one if you did not, and can find the Friday one if you want that too.