MAC Shop Crawl - Christchurch

Caryl

The Marlborough Aquarium Club is going on a shop crawl in ChCh in the last weekend of January (30/31). Anyone want to join us?

We would like to have a BYO BBQ on Saturday night if there is interest. We will be staying in Belfast but if a local member closer in the city would like to offer their place then we are open to suggestions :wink:

We hope to reach the city around 10am Saturday then make our way through the fish shops. Perhaps we could arrange a meeting place for lunch with some people? We will continue on Sunday.

We would also like to see any local set-ups if anyone would like to invite us. Not only will we have local members but our Auckland member Adodge will be with us, as hopefully will ryanjury from Bulls :bounce: . These two would love to meet a few locals.

Would Totally Tanked like to meet with us?

I believe it is primarily a shop crawl but they would like to see us chch's tanks if possible as well.

We hope to reach the city around 10am Saturday then make our way through the fish shops. Perhaps we could arrange a meeting place for lunch with some people? We will continue on Sunday.

We would also like to see any local set-ups if anyone would like to invite us.

That would be great. We are happy to have our BBQ at our son's but thought it might be a bit far out for some. If you are willing to offer your place we will be happy to turn up :lol:

Would be good to see your tanks spoon. We might have to be careful how many private places we go to though as we are going to run out of time. Might have to restrict oursleves to those with the most fish and tanks to view :-?

Decisions decisions :roll:

Sorry to hear that Alan. Best wishes to her for a speedy recover if possible. :(

Donna we would love to have a BBQ at your place, thank you for the offer. Send me the details (address and time) and I will start on an itinerary so people have a rough idea of where we hope to be and when. I intend to work on it this weekend.

It looks like we will start at Navarre's then spoon's then Redwood Aquatics so far. We have both days to visit as much as possible.

OK all. Here is what is planned so far....

We hope to leave Blenheim about 6.30am so will reach Navarre sometime between 10am and 11am. We will bring a picnic lunch and lounge about at his place while we eat. Anyone who wishes to join us there please PM or email Navarre for his address.

From here we will visit spoon (same deal with him for his address, unless he wishes to post it in the forum) then on to Redwood Aquatics. I think it best if we then continue over to Organism (don't worry John we are a small group so will fit in the shop!) and decide where to go from there, depending on time. Possibly Tower Junction or Critter Kingdom? I need to study a ChCh map I think to work out where these places are in relation to each other and Donna's place!

We will be meeting at DonnaM's place, 18 Penrith Ave, Somerfield at 6pm for a BYO BBQ.

We will have to decide which shops, and which order, we visit on Sunday after finding out where we got to on Saturday but eventually hope to see Redwoods, Organism, Critter Kingdom, Bubble N Squeak, Petworld and the Animates. Anyone missed?

If anyone has some suggestions in the most economical way to see as many as possible from Belfast, round The Groynes, then ending up at Donna's at 6pm then suggest away please! :hail:

My mobile is 021 158 6634 so you can text at any time to see where we are and where we are heading at any time.

ALL WELCOME to participate for all or any part of the weekend. :bounce:

- Animates Tower Junction (tho why would you bother?) - Animates Moorhouse (same again) -

Just FYI - I go to Tower Junction sometimes as it is closest to my house. A guy named Miha is in charge of the fish there and he is really nice and very knowlegable (he doesn't work on Saturdays though). Apparently that particular store gets all the unusual fish to trial before they go to the other stores. When I got some Dario at Organism, I called all around town and Tower Junction was the only other place that had even heard of them.

bdspider, that is the route I had in mind. How long we spend in each place depends on how many fish they have at the time. We want to see Animates too as we want to compare all. I am also on the lookout for a small internal canister filter (like a Shark) so if anyone knows of any on special somewhere... :wink:

Remember our members have other animals besides fish so are happy to look at dry goods and other stuff for pets in general so Animates can be good in that respect. We do not have a selection up here (just a garden centre) so appreciate being able to see what is available and can be seen on the shelves.

On Sunday we can do the others on the list then backtrack to anywhere that had something someone wanted the day before :wink:

Caryl, I got a small Eheim pickup internal filter for about $65 (I think) from John at Organism a while back. It is a fantastic little filter. I also got a much smaller little Elite internal canister filter (smaller than a standard computer mouse) from him last week for about $36 - it has a lot of grunt and works great filled with eheim pro media. I can send a pic of either if you like. You have to order the Elite in special as he doesn't keep them in stock.