Best ISP for broadband?

Insect Direct

anyone want to share there opinions on isps?

im with slingshot and my broadband stopped working over 2 weeks ago, isp fixed a fault in the first week but still not working :roll: i phoned and said not working...lady goes ohhhhh your broadband disconnected (no reason why but atleast it sounded like she was onto something). told me it would be another 5days and said i would get 1 months compensation and she would put in formal complaint, that takes it until yesterday given we had all the stats etc. ring this morning and still no answers or reason for it not working but maybe in next couple of days :evil: to top it off they only gave me 75% off this months bill which isnt alot anyway.

comp says connected to local but cant get on broadband (no ppp light on modem). dial up ok but new computer doesnt even have dialup modem so using an old computer on dial up and ive just about had enough.

The funny thing is in most areas, most of them run off the same cable network. Also depending on what you use the internet for depends on which on is best (in most cases). in my opinion for online gaming / fast uploading - telstra. For fast downloads and streaming (e.g. youtube) - telecom.

But then again some areas the cables ain't to great and it can be the other way around. The best way to check in my opinion is more what people in your area think

I know i'm missing a few details out, but just trying to put a few of the points out there

Hope this helps

:hail:

Grant has dealt with many of them through his work with our customers. He says they all have their problems and are as good, or bad, (depending on your point of view) as each other. :roll:

i think i will wait another day or so...never had a problem until now and the plan i was on is no longer available so maybe worth holding onto. I managed to borrow a tstick today so im back in my seat tonight :D

I was on woosh, the broadband wasn't great and it kept cutting out and the router kept needing reset and they would never do anything about it. I am now woth telecom. when i first set the account up, the phone was going within 48hrs, the broadband was suposed to be going the day after the phoneline. one week later, still not goin. i ring to ask whats going on. they say the guy had to come check the lines but didn't know what lines to check because there is 2 flats on the property :o every property in my street has one house on it and there isn't any flats in the area. i don't know where the guy went but it wasn't to my house! another week later still not going, i ring again and they say the guy needs to get into the house. so i sort out a time. 10 days later, he comes when im home and is inside for 30seconds. he says... "yep... its not going. must need to be switched on at our end" :o:x this is where i get angry. they could of switched it on in the first place 3 weeks ago! i again ring up, i managed to get double my bandwidth. so i just downloaded 20GB of movies in the last week i had for that month to use the 20GB. :roll:

I dont think they are. Telstra for example has one in Wellington, Paraparaumu, Auckland & Christchurch (there might be more). Telecom is also in Wellington & other places

Yea, but that is only 30 - 45% of there call center staff, the rest is overseas call centers. Its just by luck and what time of the day as to which one your call goes to

comp says connected to local but cant get on broadband (no ppp light on modem).

The fact that there is no ppp light and that you've had broadband working at your place before would suggest that some technician has screwed something up down at the exchange your house is connected to.

I've been with Orcon for 4 years now and have never had any issues to complain about.