hi from 'not so sunny today' timaru

Beachside

i stumbled across your forums while trying to find info on shubunkins which i have accidentally started breeding in the last few weeks... i have a randy male so have babies of all sizes spread out across all of my outdoor ponds plus some extra 'paddling pool' ponds i have made to try to sort the various colours out etc.

i used to keep tropicals before i had kids... ten years later i just have coldwater fishies in my outdoor ponds which is where i spend most of spare time. i have a pair of axolotyls which live in my biggest pond also... and the odd frog... i'd love to have more but our coastal situation scares them off after a while i think.

ok... that's me... well my aquatic interest 'defined' anyway... hi :)... hope the weather is better where you are!

Hi from overcast and windy (but warm) Blenheim.

I have goldfish in ponds outside too. Not a fan of shubunkins though, I like the solid red forms.

i hear ya... i used to think they were very ugly actually cos i'm not a big pattern fan generally but i have a really blue coloured boy shubunkin that i bought on a whim with the kids... and now (since my visit to redwood aquatics yesterday...) now i have a pretty red to violet veiltail which i chose cos i liked her markings too... my fry/babies are half shubunkin half something else so will be interesting to see what colours they come out... ? can already see that some are wild type... but hopefully i get something half interesting.

and re: the weather... i just spent four days off work and took the kids away - my first real holiday in about two years... (we're self employed)... and it rained every friggin day!... i might be sounding ungrateful but i wish it would just go ahead and turn winter so at least i can light the fire and make myself a hot chocolate! LOL

thanks for all the welcomes :))