anyone breed bengalese finches?

darkfur

My little boy really needs a replacement girlfriend, I don't want him to pine away of loneliness now his beloved girl has passed away. Does anyone breed them or know of a breeder preferably in the Hutt Valley/ Wgtn area? Or I would be willing to go as far as say Levin or Wairarapa to pick up. I know there are lots of birdie people like me on here...

I'm told its by behaviour. The one I have left was the more lively of the two and would jump around shouting "CHEEP!" periodically while the one that passed away was much more sedate and would do a far quieter series of "cheep-cheep-cheep-cheep"

I'm told its by behaviour. The one I have left was the more lively of the two and would jump around shouting "CHEEP!" periodically while the one that passed away was much more sedate and would do a far quieter series of "cheep-cheep-cheep-cheep"

So the one that died was the male? The female was the one constantly running around yelling at him that he was doing everything wrong? :P

got them from a bloke in Waiwhetu who was closing down his aviary. Only had the two

Seriously?? These guys breed like wildfire....maybe I need to build an aviary again and start up a breeding programme.... I can see some economic opportunity there! 8)

Seriously?? These guys breed like wildfire....maybe I need to build an aviary again and start up a breeding programme.... I can see some economic opportunity there! 8)

Stole my idea! :evil: 8)

If I ever get back into the aviary scene again, these guys will be top of the list. They're not rare last time I checked, $40 for a pair at bird barn though. :o