Ecomist?

Does anyone use this product? - the one that sprays a mist of pyrethrym (sp?) insect repellent into the room at regular intervals. I am wondering because they say to keep it away from fish tanks which aren't well covered and I am not sure how well covered they need to be. We get a LOT of flies in the summer, most likely cos the dumb neighbour puts meat on his compost heap and won't stop no matter how many times we ask. Plus the dovecote in the garden probably attracts a few.

Being a natural product does not make a thing any less toxic. Some of the most toxic compounds out there are natural. One of the most toxic chemicals known is the toxin produced by the bacteria Botulinum which is the basis of botox so why people would want to paralyse their face with that is beyond me. The pyrethrum used in fly spray is synthetically produced otherwise there would be millions of hectares of daisies growing out there.

I use the spray and it's been fine

My fish tank does have a lid tho.

I use the air wick container as it sprays every 36 Min's instead of 13 Min's Like the Mortein container does.

I got 3 kids and one has asthma but I have never had a problem with the Mortein spray

I also keep mine across the room away from the fish tank