Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Guppy story

Featured Replies

We all know that guppies like a bit of salt.

I just had an experience of how much they can take. My current brine shrimp set up is a jug with its handle hanging over the side of the tank. This particular time lots of eggs were washed up on the sides of the jug so I scooped some water from the tank to wash them back into the brine solution and must have inadvertently scooped up a baby guppy from the tank - which I didn't notice at the time. Next day when I harvested the bbs, there was this guppy swimming around in the brine shrimp. It was agitated and didn't look like it had eaten many, but it was very much alive. So as well as surviving being in that level of salt, it also survived the sudden change of salinity when it went in. I gave it about a one hour float back to fresh and it was fine when it went back into the tank with the others. Thought people might be interested. And yes, I'll take more care next time.

I've read that at a young age they will survive being introduced to saltwater 1.020sg and given enough time will even reproduce. I found this little fact in a manual for breeding marine cardinals and using guppies as live food.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.