I is only lil

alanmin4304

We bought them off people who got three lots of eggs last year but none hatched. We have 12 eggs from 18 in the first lot. 21 in the second, all of which were no good. We have 7 from 16 in the third lot about 3 weeks after the first. We are learning, so are hoping to do better next year. 55 eggs would have required a lot of live food if they had all hatched, so we will need to get better at that as well. The first one hatched in 75 days but no signs of activity with the rest although the eggs look OK.

never had any probs with fertility at all,maybe one dud which was misshapen if I remember?67 good ones from 3 batchs,lucky i had helpers that took one clutch each leaving me with only one lot which was quite demanding,good luck with them.I found a big net dragged through long grass yielded alot of small bugs etc that were good to get them going,apparently alot of small items is good to get their systems working rather than a few bigger things?

never had any probs with fertility at all,maybe one dud which was misshapen if I remember?67 good ones from 3 batchs,lucky i had helpers that took one clutch each leaving me with only one lot which was quite demanding,good luck with them.I found a big net dragged through long grass yielded alot of small bugs etc that were good to get them going,apparently alot of small items is good to get their systems working rather than a few bigger things?

u may of just had ONE good mating? ive had so many infertile eggs from some that have been mated and some that have not but have started laying. Im either doing something very wrong or im just having a bad run. I find it can be so easy to get them to actually mate but also very tricky with some. . .

Cost = 55 laid 17 or so incubated =1 hatch + 2-3 years to condition+ original purchase and then sexing and set up+ food for adults and health expences+ food for babies and health expenses+ power+ set up+ time+ marketing = cost of production

Cost of production - cost of sale of product= a great big fat loss except for the love of it

they should like most things be more expensive except the market does not support it

Cost = 55 laid 17 or so incubated =1 hatch + 2-3 years to condition+ original purchase and then sexing and set up+ food for adults and health expences+ food for babies and health expenses+ power+ set up+ time+ marketing = cost of production

Cost of production - cost of sale of product= a great big fat loss except for the love of it

they should like most things be more expensive except the market does not support it

seems the same sales strategy we use for fish just with out the quantity :lol:

i have been thinking about getting one or more for ages, my mrs said i could spend that sort of coin on a reptile but i would need to get rid of the fish first. hmmm, not a decision that i am willing to make yet.