Electra Vs Cuckoo update

firenzenz

Cheers! for comments.

The electra female was tumbling a lot and seemed very full after 4 days holding so was a little hopeful up to stripping.

Have a empress female doing much the same at the moment, though I will let her go full term to find out this time.

I definitely have two pairs of cuckoo's out of 7. Both pairs seem to congregate as the malawi's spawn, and both take runs at spawning malawi.

I think im missing something too :lol:

the syno fry have no more egg sacs which is good, and they have eaten the electra as they are supposed to, so its also good! :D

rite? :o

Right!

When i stripped Electra the syno fry were almost sac free but electras were far from done.

My understanding is that syno fry hatch in 3-4 and are predating on host fry almost immediately.

The amount of electra fry left and size of syno fry would indicate female was very close to spitting anyway.

It was rather brutal watching the synos in the net all over elctra fry that had no defence to offer.

Fry have been in 15ltr tank for few days. Doing bucket change every 2nd day with 1/2 new and 1/2 green water and was trying all sorts for food although seem to like novotab a lot!

just shy of 2cm

DSC_0137.jpg

DSC_0139.jpg

• 5 weeks later...