goldfish stuck at the bottom of the tank....

piggyvir

How long has she been like this? Is it possible mum (or whoever) was over feeding while you were away? If so, even if she kept up the usual water changes they may not have been enough.

I would check the water and do more water changes if the ammonia, nitrite or nitrate readings are too high and see if that perks up the fish.

Is it the only fish in the tank? If not, are the others behaving normally?

She's not the only fish in the tank. I have two batches of fish in that tank - the older one, roughly 6 years old and one of them got severe fin rot. My other fish is about 1 year old and they are all fine !!!!

The ammonia is a bit high (0.5) but it's not too bad. We have automatic feeder on so it can't be over feeding... it has been like this for a few days already....

I have put her in another tank with the small fishes (about 6 months old) and she's still not eating this morning... and she's breathing quite heavily as well....

She also looks way skinner than usual... would a photo helps?

Well a pic woudn't help me but it might help someone else.

Heavy breathing in one fish (as opposed to all of the fish in a tank) sounds to me like something internal.

Are the poos looking normal, or is it pooing at all?

Other symptoms of fin rot are loss of appetite, sluggish movements and lying on the bottom of the tank, according to one site I have looked at.

Have you treated it for the fin rot? Perhaps another dose is in order.

i think furan2 is mainly used as a broad spectrum systematic antibiotic.. it has a little meth blue in it but IMO an expensive way to treat finrot.

Acriflavine is measnt to be OK for finrot ... 3 days then large waterchange then another 3 days. It's not dear to buy.