Lawn Mower Blennie

Sally J

My most favorite fish in the world died yesterday...old age I think, he just started getting thin about two months ago but was still eating OK. I was told that there are no more Lawn Mower Blennies coming into NZ??? Is this true?? If it is , does anyone know where I could get another?? My tank will never be the same with out him!!! He use to sit in my hand and enjoy a tickle behind his ear....gill.....whatever..... :cry::cry::cry:

That would be great Caryl!!! :D He was such a cool dood!!! 8) I have got all the equipement to start on Longnose Larries nose!! He is a bird wrass with a growth on his nose, its getting hard for him to eat now. I saw Steve Erwin do surgery on a fish, so I got a few suppies from work and am going to attempt it. Clove oil to put him to sleep, marcain with adrenilin to numb the nose....then lop it off, plaster it with alovera gell, then put in a hospital tank to recover.....

I was in Redwoods on the weekend and I heard Bob saying the lawnmowers aren't on the allowed list at the moment. However the MAF list is being reviewed and I heard him saying they may be coming in the next few months.

I feel for you, my lawnmower blennie is my favourite fish and you just can't beat them for personality. Mine also likes to sit in your hand :)

Lawn mower Blennies are no longer on the allowed list, I'd suggest not posting that a shop has them if they don't and if they do, as a responsible fish keepers we shouldn't support any banned fish being imported. I'm aware of one shop that has already been 'visited' by MAf because of importing Lawn mower Blennies under a different name.

As much as we may not agree with MAF's reasons for removing some fish, flaunting the rules is not going to help get them added back, if anything it's going to increase the likely hood that MAF will want to start DNA testing all imported fish to confirm what is coming in.

Perhaps you should reread mine? I was suggesting that importers are flaunting the rules, and that it does the hobby no good if we support them doing this. I didn't direct anything at you personally, my point was to the posters who said they would go look and post if Redwoods had them.

Yes!!! A human nurse though!!! They can talk!!! :P:P

Sorry about the little argument going on.....I just want the Lawn Mowers to come back!! Now we all know its up to MAF to give the go ahead....until then there will be no other fish to compensate for the loss of my "Hugo"!!! :cry::cry:

The first step to the surgery is to CATCH Larry!!! That will be quiet hard as he is very intelligent....and know whats up....and hides quiet well!! I shall have to do it by surprise!!!