Sea Monkeys

bedazzled

my first contact with sea monkeys was on the back of comics about 50 years ago

I got them twice and they were brine shrimp eggs

Great food for the fish (I feed at least once a day) and cheap as well if you buy the tins.

Keep then (the tins) in the fridge for the best results then hatch at 24 to 28 cel. 24 to 36 hours is best for gathering and feeding. Its very important to keep plenty of movement in the sea water so I have a naked air hose bubbling quickly at the bottom of the bottles

Hi bedazzled. Pegasus wrote this article which you may find helpful :)

http://www.aquarticles.com/articles/man ... hrimp.html

Cool article :D

ok, so I am the perfect consumer :lol:

I went out and I bought the sea monkeys :D

ok, so I could have hatched my own brine shrimp, I even have eggs here lol but my son dosen't show a huge interest in the fish tanks so I thought him having his own little "tank" might just be the thing that sparks a real interest.

Will be adding the eggs later today lol

and I am sure we will have fun :D

I got an ant farm for christmas and had 3 different lots of ant escape out the air holes! I'm guessing American ants are bigger than NZ ants.

Ahhh...Yes. First time I saw an NZ ant I had to look really close and say, "That's an ant?"

Here's an average Alaskan ant...

3803775364_0b9d8eaa9d_m.jpg

Jeez guys, didnt you know the best part is the cool tank with the little magnifying viewing windows! And the great little spoon for feeding what smells like green tea? Now if san fran supplied them with their brine shimp i would definatly buy them!

The stuff you feed them is basically "spiralina", it's dried out algae.

In Aquaculture, you feed Artemia salina to stock within 24hours of hatch, or you have to start feeding them algae to get nutrition out of them. Depending on what nutrients you want, you can use different strains of algae too.

So you end up keeping algae to feed to brine shrimp to feed to fish....

Theres also all sorts of optimum ratios and envronmental conditions.