Visiting NZ (from Perth)

dazzabozza

Hi all

I'm from Perth, Western Australia and currently visiting NZ.

I'm keen to check out some of the local fish shops and hoping someone can recommend some of the better ones to visit. Mainly interested in cichlids and oddballs.

Will be sticking to North Island, mainly between Auckland & Wellington.

On a side note I'm a committee member and forum admin for the Perth Cichlid Society ( http://www.perthcichlid.com.au/forum ). Feel free to come for a visit and check out what w get up to in Oz!

Dazza

Try inserting less photos into a single post, that usually works for me :wink:

HFF is the best in Auckland, perhaps is the country. They have two stores, one in Albany and one in Mt Roskill. The first is the larger on and the latter is older but just as good. Also, try Animates.

HTH

Hi Dazza

Hope you enjoy your time here in NZ. Its a beautiful country.

Fnzas is a great site with lots of info about some places to visit here in NZ.

If you are looking for shops to visit then check out the other NZ forum, where there is a Fish Shop Directory.

http://www.fishkeepers.co.nz/forums/vie ... ?f=2&t=783

Its not complete and is being added to all the time.

In Auckland, I do recommend visiting Hollywood Fish Farm.(two stores)

Also Pupuke Aquarium on the North Shore.

Rotorua has a awesome shop called Wonderworld

Palmerston Norths WetPets is worth a visit too.

If you ever passing through Wanganui(without the H) feel free to message me and I can show you some bits and peices.

Cheers Simon

You can email them to me and I will post them for you if you like.

[email protected]

I've got a heap already hosted up on photobucket. Problem is I don't have access to a PC much on the trip. I'll sort something out soon)

and if you come to Palmerston North you are most welcome to visit my native fish (some of which are descended from Australian native fish ;) )

We're heading down to Palmy tomorrow. Drop me a PM and we'll see if we can drop in for a visit. I like natives and there's plenty of interest back home from the ANGFA guys.

welcome. i am sure you will be quite shocked at what we pay for africans here.

is your forum good for african keepers or more aimed at the SA's?

Back home the common malawi's will go for $1 - $2 per/cm. Common tangs like tropheus, fronties etc will go for $3 - $6 per/cm generally. Cichlids from all regions are equally popular on our forum. We find they go through trends, SA eartheaters have drawn some major interest over the last 18 months. Plenty of people keeping non-cichlids, marines, catish etc.

If you are looking for shops to visit then check out the other NZ forum, where there is a Fish Shop Directory.

http://www.fishkeepers.co.nz/forums/vie ... ?f=2&t=783

Its not complete and is being added to all the time.

If you ever passing through Wanganui(without the H) feel free to message me and I can show you some bits and peices.

Cheers for the link Simon. I'm in Wongas at the moment, PM sent! :)

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Daz

Back home the common malawi's will go for $1 - $2 per/cm. Common tangs like tropheus, fronties etc will go for $3 - $6 per/cm generally. Cichlids from all regions are equally popular on our forum. We find they go through trends, SA eartheaters have drawn some major interest over the last 18 months. Plenty of people keeping non-cichlids, marines, catish etc.

common africans are approx $8/cm & tropheus are around $18/cm :o

Finally got around to resizing some pics for u all :)

Fish Room

fishroomSmall.jpg

330 litre reef tank

reefSmall.jpg

I've also got tanks in 2 other rooms but they're not as pretty. I'm also part way through building a fish shed to get the majority of tanks out of the house (14 in use at the moment).

Metriaclima Sp. "zebra Gold" Charo

charoSmall.jpg

Cynotilapia/metriaclima pulpican

pulpicanSmall.jpg

Tropheus moorii moliro battle

tmoliroSmall.jpg

Daz

• 3 weeks later...