OMG BLUE RAMS

A-town...

Since their debut at the Singapore show the creators have only tried to release the males. I will be ordering some in at some stage - perhaps once the craze has died down a bit. :lol:

oops. that was a bit rude of me. what I meant to say is that, there may be some females around so fingers crossed that there are good pairs here. there are not many females in other countries. :(

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oops. that was a bit rude of me. what I meant to say is that, there may be some females around so fingers crossed that there are good pairs here. there are not many females in other countries. :(

I've heard that too, but then I have seen posts from people in the UK and stuff saying no problems getting females there

Actually, I've got Mikrogeophagus altispinosus. Anyone else got them or are you talking about a different fish? :-?

Sam those are bolivian rams, and not blue or golden rams; or in this case electric blue rams (who comes up with these names any way???).

blue rams are Mikrogeophagus ramirezi

can't that petshop in Kuripuni get you one? they are usually good. Or the other one down here to phone would be Petone Animalz, they are the best in the region, usually have rams and are nice about ordering

I rung the pet shop in Kuripuni (Masterton Seeds and Pets) but they said they will only order in numbers asked for and cant guarantee that they will get a male :( They dont like having them "in stock" due to them being sensitive with water conditions and being aggressive etc.

Heading Welly direction (Churton Park) on the 20th so may have to swing by petone - if i can get my ride to take a detour ;)

I rung the pet shop in Kuripuni (Masterton Seeds and Pets) but they said they will only order in numbers asked for and cant guarantee that they will get a male :( They dont like having them "in stock" due to them being sensitive with water conditions and being aggressive etc.

Heading Welly direction (Churton Park) on the 20th so may have to swing by petone - if i can get my ride to take a detour ;)

saw some gold balloon rams at Animates Melling today, both boys. No normal golds. Normal blues at Animalz petone

There are too many variables with livestock.

Transit could have shocked them, stress could have killed them, and even the change in water conditions between the store and your tank could have been enough for them. your first step would be to see if their rams are still alive and healthy. if they are alive it may not be their fault; but if they are dead then they should oblige???

go to Fair Go - they will sort it out for you ;)

I highly doubt they would care...

___

sorry to hear about them dying too.

I agree with Alan, it does suck but at the end of the day they could put the best care into those fish from the time they arrive in their shop and if they are poor quality stock (hardiness wise, which everyone suspects anyway) then nothing will save them, and the shops wont get their money back from the importers for them so if the do refund they are out of pocket big time. Thats why I wont be ordering any for our shop unless its a special order- too risky!