How many FNZAS junior members are there?

axolotl-danio

are we talking mental age here?

LOL :lol:

im 22, but young at heart (still watch my cartoons and choose cartoon network over the other channels) :oops: :lol:

sams pretty young, as is LA - only with him, he is as old as he feels. will give a 14 year old a run for his money.

I think a junior is classed as still at secondary school.

There was only one junior member who has submitted articles for the past year, and that is joefish!

We have three active junior members in our club, I will stir them up to make some competition for you!

The Simtronics cup is a nice looking trophy to have on the mantelpiece, don't let Caryl hear that you won't write an article if you have too much competition, you may get into trouble! :wink:

There was only one junior member who has submitted articles for the past year, and that is joefish!

We have three active junior members in our club, I will stir them up to make some competition for you!

The Simtronics cup is a nice looking trophy to have on the mantelpiece.

I seem to be the only one with a (J) for junior next to my name in the year book but now I know there are at least 5 (including me)

I am a junior :bounce:

but i am not in any club yet :cry: and my dad just figured out that he has a meeting on the last thursday of every month so i shall have to wait a whole month until i can finally join :evil: (after waiting for the last 3 months i am a itty bitty bit annoyed :evil: )

I would like to point out that the Simtronics Cup for best junior article is only for juniors who belong to an affiliated FNZAS club! Being a junior in the forum is not enough. You may certainly still write and submit an article :bounce: but the cup is for actual FNZAS members only.

It is hard to tell how many juniors we have exactly as some are signed up under a family membership. There are at least 18, possibly more, but I do not know their ages (some may be too young to write an article)

I am a junior :bounce:

but i am not in any club yet :cry: and my dad just figured out that he has a meeting on the last thursday of every month so i shall have to wait a whole month until i can finally join :evil: (after waiting for the last 3 months i am a itty bitty bit annoyed :evil: )

You don't have to atttend a meeting to join, if you contact the treasurer (usually) of the club they will send you a membership form.

There are at least 18, possibly more

There were 6 at the KMAC meeting last night

• 2 weeks later...

The competition, for junior FNZAS club affiliated members only, runs from AGM to AGM (June to June). It doesn't matter when I receive an article within that 12 months as it goes in the next magazine with available space. Magazines go out Feb, May , Aug and Nov. To be eligible for this 12 month period I would need the article by March 31st 2010 at the latest as that is the cut-off date for the May edition (the last before the AGM).

As to what to write about - as long as it is aquatic related, just about anything goes. Remember photos are good!

Have you set up a tank recently? How did you do it?

Bred a fish? What sort? Tell us about the fish, what conditions they require, how you bred them etc.

Had a plant flower out the top of the tank? What conditions did the plant require?

Do you keep turtles or axolotls?

Either write about some aspect of fish keeping you know, or have tried, or research a fish or plant etc that interests you.

The junior who won this year wrote an article on breeding his celestial pearl danios. He also wrote about making a cave for his kribs. He has written about other species of fish too.

Have you tried a bit of DIY with something? Built a filter? A tank background?

The possibilities are endless. If you have an idea you aren't sure will be suitable, PM or email me about it and I will help all I can. :wink: