What to do to an AR 380.

wagonman

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We could do it as a poll like the photo of the month, even if we all voted for ourselves there'd be another 50 votes at least so it should work.

What if we have a set number of photos per entry, like say one of the empty tank, one of it just set up at the start, then one at the end of each 2 weeks until the close. So that would be 10 pics? Sounds like alot but it would be good to see what everyone started with, how it progressed, and the final product after 2 months or what have you. Some might need a couple of different angles for the final pics though.

have to have at least one earlier shot though, otherwise whats to stop someone spending loads of $$ on plants and setting one up for a day, crammed full of beautiful healthy plants, then winning the comp over everyone else who has struggled and worked to get everything growing and looking nice?

what stops someone doing that anyway?

its going to have to be based on honesty...

i think final pics only too, otherwise it might be unfiar to someone who might not be able to get pictures up all thetime. plus the amount of space it would consume.

after the comp, if people feel oblidged to put a post up about how it was done, then they can do so. especially the winner. :wink:

Never mind but thanks anyway Southerrrngirl, I'll sit this one out.

I think the way the AGA Aquascaping contest ones are set out would be the way to go. Full tank shot, photos of features and occupants then a list of the tank specs. Perhaps even a planting plan? E.G: http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org/2 ... ol=0&id=62 and http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org/2 ... l=0&id=167

it doesnt have to be a ar380, i think under 40 liters was decided?

only prob would be deciding what lighting is allowed, i figure, if it is available in the shops, then it should be allowed. makes it easier for people who might not have original lights etc. maybe a cap on 1 light pertank? just makes it easier, also adds a element of difference.

mmm... true that

problem being that i would love to enter. but i dont have a ar380... it makes it pretty exclusive. i dont have the funds to buy one either.

so no MH or 300 buk lights...

make it so that you use 1 tube, and has to be something readily available and withina normal price range. sound fair? its going to be hard to keep people in line on that though...

comes down to honesty again

ok, so, photo journal to be submitted as well as a final photograph for the competition, we only see the final photo and votes based on that, but after the comp we can see everyones photo journal to see how they got there...

this lighting thing is going to be a pain. there are too many variables to try make it fair across the board.

if we say 2 lights are allowed, then the ar380 people are going to riot as they have a single bulb only...

lets say that we are going to try and replicate the ar380 in all the tanks that apply, so that means 1 11w light, under 40 liters, ar 380 is 34l, according to aquaone site. 38x25x46 works out to 43l...

just trying to find specs on the net is a nightmare.

i think a mod or someone who will end up judging this needs to come in and say exactly what rules are to be applied. maybe animal antics? seeing as they are going to give a prize? things such as size of tank, and lighting need to be set out and stuck to.

discussion on it and we could be here all year...

i'd be happy to only have one light, i can't really afford to replace both anyway. Thats assuming it will work with one, or do you have to have both in? Its only got one switch.

So the rough idea so far is..

tank must be a <40L all-in-one with everything as it is out of the box. Built in lighting/filtration used.

Built in lighting must be one tube / 11w limit

Voting will be on final pic of each tank, but a few earlier photos will be submitted to be viewable after voting closes to show how it has progressed, and that the plants are actually living there.

To start from 1st september, and run for 2/3 months?

Will diy co2 be allowed? What about sunlight - putting the tank in the window would add alot of light to it?