What to do to an AR 380.

wagonman

it may be that we could run one competition with multiple classes for entry.

This could be:

• off the shelf tanks, two classes

• 40l and below

• 41l and above

• open section, two classes

• 65l and below

• 66l and above

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although now that we might be able to enter tanks over 40ltrs we'll have to use more than just 11W of light so it's going to get real complicated with different rules for different sections of the competition.

This could be:

• off the shelf tanks, two classes

• 40l and below

• 41l and above

• open section, two classes

• 65l and below

• 66l and above

*sigh*

This makes it far too broad IMO.

66L above is huge! More rescrictions are needed or you could have 66L's vs 1000L's.

i think we should do this one as under 40L off the shelf tanks, then start planning the next one with a different theme - 'custom' tanks, or big tanks or something. Could make it a constant thing with 4 different comps a year, one for each type of tank.

I agree - this should be an all in one off the shelf comp. As Wagonman has said that is how this discussion started out... and for beginners being that this discussion has been in the beginners section?

Definately let it be the beginning of many comps aimed at various other categories :wink: Keep everyone happy

As I said earlier:

I think they should be bog standard, out of the box.

You can add a heater only.

If you happen to have a tank that has two lamps, then so be it.

It is more of a challenge to see what can be achieved with an off the shelf tank as inspiration to others with limited space or budget.

I agree - this should be an all in one off the shelf comp. As Wagonman has said that is how this discussion started out... and for beginners being that this discussion has been in the beginners section?

Definately let it be the beginning of many comps aimed at various other categories :wink: Keep everyone happy

I think it should be open to anyone, the point of the exercise is to see what can be achieved with an off the shelf tank, without any mods as inspiration for beginners as well as experienced members.

We can look at starting with just this one, but you will all have to wait until after the Exec meeting next weekend to see how and if this will proceed, so a little patience for a week is required, thanks.

We can look at starting with just this one, but you will all have to wait until after the Exec meeting next weekend to see how and if this will proceed, so a little patience for a week is required, thanks.

So the competition might not actually happen? Also if we only find out next weekend if it's going to happen then theres not much time to get everything ready for when the comp starts.

Why Not ...

F.N.Z.A.S. AQUARIUM OF THE MONTH

Each month anyone can send a photo to a special email, and a judge will then narrow down the entries to 10. Then a new post can be started and we can all vote.

The photo should need to include the whole aquarium (you can see the sides in photo) so clever people can't just do half a tank and zoom up to the good side.

As for size why not just include any as the bigger the tank the more work so in theory the smaller the tank the better anyway.

Winners could be posted on the F.N.Z.A.S homepage?

This means that us who don't have the cash to go and by a $200+ tank of the self are included.

Or if these guys want their own let them and us DIY'ers can have our own,

F.N.Z.A.S. DIY AQUARIUM OF THE MONTH

I still think there should be two competitions, a 40ltr and under all in one tank competition and a 40ltr and under glass tank competition where you get prizes for 1st and then the winners of each competition get their tanks photos posted on the forum like POTM and have the rest of the forum vote for their favourite. Also you should only be able to use DIY CO2 and any other fertilizers that you want but only 11W of light. But I understand that this started off as a 40ltr and under all in one tank only competition and most people will think it’s unfair if you make another competion for 40ltr and under glass tanks.