Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Filter question

Featured Replies

Hi all

I have a 2 year old Fluval 405 filter. Been running great, but just wondering if it's necessary to replace anything? Since it's been quite a while.

I'm asking because I definitely can't afford a breakdown now, due to being very busy etc...

Thanks

they don't break easy.

I have 2 of them. one has been running for 3+ years now and no problems at all.

if you maintain them by cleaning the impellors etc its all good.

they're one of the most reliable brands out. knew someone who had one for 15 years, still going for all I know, and it had taken a lot of abuse including several house moves

they're one of the most reliable brands out. knew someone who had one for 15 years, still going for all I know, and it had taken a lot of abuse including several house moves

House moves are considered abuse?! :o

Uh-oh... I had better pay more attention to my five-year-old eheim that has moved house with me at least five times!

But I do agree with the others who say nothing should need replacing - just regular checking and maintenance to make sure everything is still doing what it should.

they're one of the most reliable brands out. knew someone who had one for 15 years, still going for all I know, and it had taken a lot of abuse including several house moves

I have, iirc three 404s that no longer work out of 4 in the last 7 or so years. So far they're losing out to CF1200s in reliability...

I have, iirc three 404s that no longer work out of 4 in the last 7 or so years. So far they're losing out to CF1200s in reliability...

Do you still have the 404's? I am looking for some parts

Do you still have the 404's? I am looking for some parts

What parts are you looking for? I think I still have 1-2 of them, they do not have impellers/shafts or impeller covers and the pump heads are there but faulty.

I have a 304 that I would like to kick at times, now I have to position it at an angle in a polybox for it to run without rattling and the flow dropping down to nothing.

I also have a 104 that runs like a dream, but if I recall when having a look at the replacement parts diagram, the 304 and 404's are constructed differently motor wise than the 104 and 204.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.