HELP experts possible tank leak !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aaron11

my jebo j760 (which was pretty used when i got it)

there is water coming off the lid down the front its leaking onto the stand at the bottom so it must be dripping down the glass and going underneath and then on the stand as I can see a bit of damage on the stand

there is alot of condensation on the lid could this be from having my 2 aqua one internal filters up the top? or just the winter, the water dont seem to be there everyday

ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRR is it a leak?

here is what the talk looks like

PS its driping from the top of the lid down

http://up29.siz.co.il/up2/lzm3yqnf1gwd.jpg

Waves to adodge !

hi vision

the tank is not up to the top its about 2 cm down from the water condenation

its coming from the edge of the lid dripping down from what i can see

do they do this in the winter?

im gonna clean it tonight and push the filters right down

I cant really afford another tank at the moment if it has a leak grr

also its not like that some days and others it is

the room its in is really cold

vison thats what i think

i got another tank like that with a square lid and it dont do that but it does get lots of condensation

I did notice when I didnt have the lid shut or pened it the waer went along the sides and dont the front so now i use the flap

maybe today i opened the lid I dunno

thanks for your help i wont worry about it woot

!

I wanna up grade to another bigger tank later but not right nwo

i had a similar situation with an AR620 it would only do it when i opened the lid and close it so wasn't much of a problem. There is that foam tape you use to seal doorways, that could do the trick for a cheap price. Maybe your tank is slightly leaning forward so you could check that its level.

JC its deff that the other 2 tanks had a bit of a drip on the side too

AND YOUR RIGHT the floor it is on is terrible when you walk it moves a bit so its leaning forward im movin in 2 weeks so i make sure its level wheere i put it !

I have this same problem with my Aquaone Tanks

On my AR620T I ended up fixing the problem by shaving away a small part in the corner of where the lid sits onto, this has helped any condensation drip straight back into the Tank.

With my AR980 I have used the Door Seal Foam that someone else mentioned, I used this mainly because when I opened the Tank Lid the Water would drip all over the Tank Lid, so now it drips onto the Foam instead of the Tank Lid.

the condensation will always follow the easiest way out. The lid does have a drip tray, which moves the condensation toward the back of the lid and back into the tank without mess, this stops water from forming in the trip tray in the first place. But this can fail if the tank is leaning forward. However if you do have a leak and its been going on long enough that could be the reason your floors moving so much!!! i have heard of a slow leak rotting the floor boards underneath a tank causing a near disaster.