some pics of africans - post yours?

livingart

I've posted a few pics of my Africans in other threads and I don't want to repeat myself so I've taken these fresh ones :) :bounce:

Astatotilapia (Haplochromis) brownae, Brown Hap

July09Brown.jpg

Metriaclima callainos, Cobalt Zebra

July09Cobalt.jpg

Sciaenochromis fryeri, Electric Blue

July09Fryeri.jpg

Otopharynx lithobates, Aristochromis Red Top

July09Litho.jpg

Aulonocara stuartgranti, Aulonocara hansbaenschi, Red Shoulder Peacock

July09RS.jpg

here is few of mine

IMG_2983.jpg

Fusco

At first I thought he was eating the other fish :oops:

photo009.jpg

rubescens vs sunshine. and e.yellow

The rubescens and the sunshine are awesome :bow::hail::hail:

Nice pics everyone :bow::hail:

Is that fish one of Marks or a rubens? The one labeled one of MarkLBs sunshines?

The fish labeled as Mark's sunshine is a sunshine peacock i bought from him about 9 months ago. He is very orange compare to my other sunshine peacock, almost as orange as my rubenscens which i got from organism.

I thought the sunshine was the yellow but then I know nothing about cichlids

yes, sunshine are more yellow. however according to this page http://www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/red_peacocks.php , the sunshine and the rubenscens are basically the same type of fish, rubenscens are line breed from selected sunshine peacock that has more orange/ red in them.

The rubescens and the sunshine are awesome

Thank you, however, both of them are not as nice looking now after i put them in my main tank with bigger/ more aggressive fish :-?

as you have seen with my fish my4age, sometime the finage takes a good knock when they are in community tanks and it is not until they are sperated that they show their true potential.

Nice fish and Nice photos.

thank you for sharing

Navarre

Hi all. Thanks for the compliments. What gorgeous fish you all have :hail: Africans FTW :lol:

I have four Sunshines in my display tank, one is a juvie and is still colouring so we won't count him but of the other three, two are 'redder' or a deeper orange, than the other one. I use the redder ones for breeding.

wow where can i get male peacocks like them from?

lol I have the reds and the sunshines from Mark all of which are breeding and you have seen :)

I just have to say these photos and fish are awesome, congrats everyone on taking such nice photos and owning such awesome fish! I was going to chuck up some pics but not after those ones I have already seen..

• 2 weeks later...

my rift lake africans wernt being photogenic tonite so here is a photo of some riverine cichlids

jewels from navarre best colours ive seen photo dosent do them justice(nor does the dirty tank)

DSC01564.jpg

kribs i got from REVEESTA last nite, happy lil fellows they are ( if ur wondering the guppy breeder in the background is to huse the sand i have val planted in as i will try this out when my new tank is up and running)

DSC01565.jpg