which is a good starter?

JazzyJeff

What about these together;

Pseudepiplatys Annulatus (Top)

Poropanchax Normani (Middle schooling)

Aphyosemion Bitaeniatum OR Striatum OR Austraile Gold (Mid-Bottom)

Is Poropanchax Normani the current valid name? Or Aplocheilichthys normani ?

I think it is Poropanchax, but don't tell Wok, he has been entering the in the database a Aplocheilichthys!

My normani like to hang around the surface.

And the Bitaeniatum are all over the place depending on where the leaves of the anubias are to hide under!

I think it is Poropanchax, but don't tell Wok, he has been entering the in the database a Aplocheilichthys!

My normani like to hang around the surface.

And the Bitaeniatum are all over the place depending on where the leaves of the anubias are to hide under!

Ahhk just saw fishbase has it as Aplocheilichthys

At the moment I'm doing a similar thing to you. After discussing with Barrie the list that i have settled on is;

Pseudepiplatys Annulatus

Poropanchax Normani

Aphyosemion Bitaeniatum

Aphyosemion Striatum

Aphyosemion Austraile Gold

If you drop the first two you should have no problems adding P82's, or other Fundulopanchax (except sjostedti) also you could also have Epiplatys Dageti

the big will bully the small

You need to have a trip up here at some stage

P82 and Blue gardneri will grow very big... I have one here that must be 70mm long and the thickness of my thumb (and Im a fat guy with a fat thumb)

Yes, a large P82 will not eat a large Australe but he will chase it

remember that you are entering a addiction so if you want some display tanks, you could do a lot worst than having Ryans list in one tank, A group or Fundulopanchax in another (P82s, Garderi golds, Scheeli, Albinos) and in a third display tank, you could keep all the Nothos.

You should be able to fill these from your 50 or so breeding tanks.

The kids will love living in a tent as you fill their bedrooms with tanks.

see told you this was an addiction

the big will bully the small

You need to have a trip up here at some stage

P82 and Blue gardneri will grow very big... I have one here that must be 70mm long and the thickness of my thumb (and Im a fat guy with a fat thumb)

Yes, a large P82 will not eat a large Australe but he will chase it

remember that you are entering a addiction so if you want some display tanks, you could do a lot worst than having Ryans list in one tank, A group or Fundulopanchax in another (P82s, Garderi golds, Scheeli, Albinos) and in a third display tank, you could keep all the Nothos.

You should be able to fill these from your 50 or so breeding tanks.

The kids will love living in a tent as you fill their bedrooms with tanks.

see told you this was an addiction

Thanks Barrie - yes I would love to come up and take a peek but am not able to look at doing that till August and I was kinda hoping that I wouldn't need to wait that long... I do have 3 tanks set up to feed my new found addiction but there is a Siamese Fighter that is the Boss of one of them. I am impatient to get some into these tanks but am aware I need to make good choices from the start... any advice is greatly appreciated!!

Get on your bike and go visit Barrie.

An absolutely great way to spend an afternoon!!!!

Totally recommended.

If you don't fall head-over-heels in love with all killies after that visit you must be sick :)

either that or you will not get out alive :oops: