I can't understand why someone would want to commit arson?

DonnaM

I got a ph call today from SPCA about a couple of turtles in a house fire.

I dont know alot of details...except all animals are ok....but apparently owners are away on holiday..

SPCA got a call at 2am due to a tank with turtles and gold-fish. There was a white kitten...now grey...and a Bichon Frieze (Spelling) as well and all survived, but the house was gutted. So SPCA was phoning me coz the power is off and so if the owners cant be located they will bring me the fish and turtles to look after till their return. How horrible, going away on holiday, organising your pets to be looked after etc and then returning to find everything you own is burnt in a fire. :evil: Arson is suspected as there were 3 starting points apparently. It just defys all logic to me why someone would think burning down someone elses home was an OK thing to do?

Goodness knows if the turtles have smoke damage in their lungs or anything. Hopefully they stayed under the water during the fire. I don't know what I'd do if I came home and found something like that. Just awful :cry::x

we had our home arsoned when i was a teenager, by a psyco flatmate who didn't want to be moved out. Its a horrible experiance I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. Despite an immediate arrest it took years to finally get to court, then the person spent all of a month in jail before getting out on home d to their mothers house, to be waited on hand and foot for the rest of their sentance. Meanwhile we got nothing back and had nowhere to live for a while.

oh and good on chch spca for helping out, we tried to get auckland spca to help accomadate our pets the first night, but they refused to do anything unless we wanted to surrender them. Ditto every boarding kennel in the area, all were full and couldn't help, but in the end i just slept in my car with the dogs and that was the best option anyway, nothing beats a pile of doggyness for comforting :)

and to rant some more, the next week we were watching one of those police shows, and a p lab was busted, where there was a dog living, and the spca picked it up and cared for it until the owner was bailed and could pick it up. I made a furious call to them about how they treat p cooks better than genuinly needy pet owners.

It just defys all logic to me why someone would think burning down someone elses home was an OK thing to do?

"Ok thing to do" doesn't come into it. The average arsonist is usually an early to mid teenage white boy. Feeling powerless, everyone controls his life, no control of his own, and yet with bit of flammable liquid and a few matches just look what I can do?

"Ok thing to do" doesn't come into it. The average arsonist is usually an early to mid teenage white boy. Feeling powerless, everyone controls his life, no control of his own, and yet with bit of flammable liquid and a few matches just look what I can do?

Good point Ira :) Sad, destructive but true :roll: