Has anyone seen my wallet?

si_sphinx

from wikipedia

The word "wallet" has been in use since the first century A.D. to refer to a bag or a knapsack for carrying articles. The word may derive from Proto-Germanic.[1] The ancient Greek word kibisis, used to describe the sack carried by the god Hermes and the sack in which the mythical hero Perseus carried the decapitated head of the monster Medusa, has been typically translated as "wallet".[2][3] Usage of the term "wallet" in its modern meaning of "flat case for carrying paper currency" in American English dates to 1834 but this meaning was one of many in the 19th century and early 20th century.[1]

Aleutian Wallet for carrying tackle."Wallet" was originally a term for any sort of satchel, bag, pouch, or pocket that was used to a carry personal effects. In addition to money or currency, they would also be used for carrying dried meat, victuals, "treasures", and "things not to be exposed". It was considered "semi-civilized" in 19th century America to carry one's wallet on one's belt. Ironically, at this time, carrying goods or a wallet in one's pocket was considered uncivilized and uncommon.[4]

just thought it was interesting

my money does not stay in my possession long enough to find the need to carry a wallet :wink:

I can tell that your married arnt you

When I was single, money would never dissapare unless I had gone out for a few lemon aids (Tuis add)

Once married, I didnt even get to have a wallet

Then with children (girls) the Visa started dissaparing as well

I thought it might have run away with mine to some tropical island, mine would only make it 10 minutes down the road as only had $19.00 in it. Used it monday and went to go shopping today and it has gone, checked both cars etc but no luck as yet.

It can be stressful can't it? Mine was stolen, along with the bag it was in. A very stressful time having to cancel and replace cards etc. Luckily I rarely carry actual money so no problem there. The thing I missed most from the whole lot nicked was my hairbrush. I have not been able to find a new one as good :evil: