Odd weather

Caryl

I know it is winter so snow reports are to be expected but the weather here in Blenheim has been odd today! I walked in to town this morning and it was not too cold and a lovely sunny day. When I walked back again (after being the supermarket about 10 minutes) it was starting to rain. As I continued back home (it is a 4km walk so takes about 35 minutes) it started to hail on me. Luckily it was small stuff so didn't hurt much. By the time I reached my house it wasn't raining or hailing (and hadn't been at this end of town). The afternoon has been bright and sunny again but reports are that Wellington now has the stormy weather they had further south. Must have missed us as usual, apart from the short episode of hail :-?

Have those of you in storm affected areas thought ahead to what to do for your tanks in the event of a power cut?

:-? It hailed here. got me all grumpy. then it went dark, and got me grumpier; then it drizzled and that made me even more grumpy. :-? :evil:

not happy with the weather today.

then i found out that the snicker bars are actually smaller than they were a week ago - and they cost the same as before, so now they are even more expensive. Not happy at all. :evil:

How did you find out the Snickers bars have shrunk? (Perhaps it was the hail, they have contracted in the cold :roll: )

LMAO. So many of the confectionery has shrunk in size without a price reduction.

But the economy doesn't seem to matter to Coke. They increase their prices annually regardless.

I almost got a snickers today too.

I got Jaffa's instead.

:-? It hailed here. got me all grumpy. then it went dark, and got me grumpier; then it drizzled and that made me even more grumpy. :-? :evil:

not happy with the weather today.

then i found out that the snicker bars are actually smaller than they were a week ago - and they cost the same as before, so now they are even more expensive. Not happy at all. :evil:

i love a person who gets grumpy about things they can't change

i hope baldness doesn't run in your family :D

i love a person who gets grumpy about things they can't change

i hope baldness doesn't run in your family :D

baldness not so much - hair loss - yes sure it runs in the family.

How did you find out the Snickers bars have shrunk? (Perhaps it was the hail, they have contracted in the cold :roll: )

I noticed the difference! I saw the little packets and they were the normal size, opened it up and thought - hmm.. that's a wee lille midget chocolate bar - thought it was a one off. opened the next one, and it was the same, so i opened another and it was also a lille one! :evil:

went to the main packaging and it says 216g and 12 pieces - that's down from 264g and 12 pieces! what do they think i would not notice? :evil: each bar is now 4g lighter and noticeably smaller. It makes me very very upset. its exam time and i need my snickers. :evil:

Its cold in Otautau today. Yesterday we woke to a good layer of snow/hail covering the ground. I made it to work ok, just took things a little bit slower and it only took me an extra 10 minutes to get to work. It rained last night but I don't think it has frozen. My husband does the grit run around the Otautau and Winton areas and he was up early ready to grit the roads but turns out he didn't need to.

On the subject of shrinking things, I've noticed Cameo Cremes have less creme filling and the patterning on the biscuit parts is more raised/prominent. And Toffee Pops appear to be thinner and taste slightly different :roll: