Does anyonehave plants in their Inside Beardie Enclosure

Elaine

I had those chinese money trees (succulent thing) in there ages ago but found they just broke bits off climbing all over it. Just got to be aware that plants need water which can cause excess moisture in the tank etc Succulents not to bad becuase the can hack the dry to a certain extent.

Your on something again Dix. LOL! :lol: You need to STOP taking whatever it is, cant you see its bad for you? Hahahahahahahahaha! :lol:

Yes, they can and will eat near anything so I have been told so far, lol! So the trick is, if you can pull it off, and its big enough for them to swallow, don't put it in there! LOL!

Dixon***!!! :evil: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sigh... Haven't you seen the movie Anchorman?

Steve Carell is A LEGEND!!

other thing to keep in mind, beardies seem to like sitting at the highest point possible, so they may start sitting on the pot plants instead of under the heat lamp.. Doesnt really matter i just like to have the basking rock as the highest point so they hang out there. + I like simple setups as theyre easy to clean and the bugs cant hide so in theory less go to waste.

Other than bugs possibly escaping you could grow a climber and have the pot outside the tank? Ivy works well, looks good. Used in zoo's so I assume its safe for beardies. Would make a nice natural background.

• 2 weeks later...

Jade/money trees will need bright light if indoors, would be good for an outdoor enclosure though. There are other cacti/succulents you could use, Lithops sp need about as little water as anything, Crassula sp are fairly tough but harmless, many Sulcorebutia sp have short flat spines that would be harmless to the lizard, but all will require good light. Haworthia sp should also work. check out http://cacti.co.nz/plant_list_full.asp for more info (and the best range of mail order succulents in NZ!).