Singapore Aquarama 2009 : Many Photo

chin168

the principle of "magic water" has been round for awhile, i think it is only able to be used temporarily as the fishes health is compromised

american patent from this website

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/3683855.html

AQUARIUM SOLUTIONS FOR SUPPORT OF BOTH FRESH WATER AND SALT WATER FISH Document Type and Number:United States Patent 3683855

Abstract:Undissociated, non-toxic, organic compounds and inorganic silicate compounds which are polymerized in the presence of acid phosphate salts added to the solutions having from one-third to two-fifths of ocean salt concentrations maintain the osmotic pressure of the solutions at the equivalent of the osmotic pressure of natural ocean water and provide media for aquariums which will support both fresh water and salt water fish.

I'd like to place an order on behalf of living art for one of each type of aro, and 6 of the rays. :o :lol:

:o

thank you very much phoenix

Chin can you please send the account to phoenix when looking for a deposit :D

sorry chin phoenix is just joking, i hope

Stella the rays are fresh water, from the amazon, there's many different varieties some even more attractive than those. Sadly we can't keep them here, even though theres a zero chance of them escaping and breeding and eating native fish. Fry would be asian aros.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's funny how they put clownfish and goldfish in the same tank yet you're not supposed to put Betta's and Goldfish in the same tank and they're both freshwater. I thought clownfish were warm water and goldfish were cold?

the whole point of that was to sell this magic water thing.

marine fish live with freshies..... for some time at least. :o:(

and heaps of people in asia mix goldfish etc in normal tropical tanks- mainly because of the predominantly tropical climates in those countries.