Venezuelan Guppies

Aaron-Betta

i've got 3 endler/guppy hybrid boys, sadly none have lyretails but they do have the strong black and orange markings with gold foiling.

I haven't got the space at the moment to do a decent job breeding them back to more of an endler look, but in the meantime i'm removing all the drops and putting back a couple of virgin girls to try and keep them going.

I'd love a lyretail one to add to the mix

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that an Endler? it looks like an Endler x Guppy hybrid... sorry been reading up about them recently and was wondering if any LFS would stock Endlers.

There are often endlers in the shops. Try having a look in the coldwater guppies.

As for the venezualens, they were being sold as venezualens, not endlers.

There are often endlers in the shops. Try having a look in the coldwater guppies.

As for the venezualens, they were being sold as venezualens, not endlers.

So are they actually "cold" water guppies? like u don't really need a heater for them?

they're the same as any other guppies, need a temp at least 18. So if you have a warm house that doesn't get colder than that then you wouldn't need a heater, but they're not cold water. They tend to be more the wild type guppies since they're abit hardier than show gups

is this a young lyretail? can't quite see the shape/pattern of his tail but I believe it is.. it's the one I took back to petshop.

Bikbok,

Sorry your one is not a lyretail, the ones on the thread's first photos are.

This one is a lyretail: the tail looks like a lyre or a harp

crzkclass1-1.jpg

ah ok, thanks. I don't have him anymore anyway..

I got a person in a petshop to look at him and he said it was a poor lyre tail and confirmed it was a male for me .. Then I took it back to the original petstore and and swapped it for a female I was supposed to get.

Next Time I will double check myself ! I wasn't paying much attention at the time and my daughter told the assistant she wanted a female and asked if "that one was" and they said yes. I was browsing the other tanks and so didn't have a look myself till after I got them home.

Live and learn!

Next Time I will double check myself ! I wasn't paying much attention at the time and my daughter told the assistant she wanted a female and asked if "that one was" and they said yes. I was browsing the other tanks and so didn't have a look myself till after I got them home.

Live and learn!

Thats very naughty of the petshop, guppies are not hard to sex.