Could be serious...what do i do??

I feel silly asking this on here but its late at night and I dont have anyone else to ask....

Yesterday I found a lump on my neck, just below my jaw on my neck. It hurts to touch.

Ive done a little research on the net and its a lymph node called superficial cervical lymph node.

Has anyone had something similar?? im a little worried....

first thing you should do is take an appointment with a GP. it helps if you are insured, and then can go to a private clinic (or just go private anyhow).

are you sure you have pin pointed the correct part of your body?

have you had headaches, ENT troubles (ears, nose, throat). problems with lack of saliva..

again no one can really provide a blind diagnosis over the net. but answering these questions will make its easier for your doctor to find out whats going on.

have you eaten or had contact with something you may be allergic to?

with most node problems - docs do biopsies if they see the need.

Thank you...

Will make docs appt first thing tomorrow

yes have had headache, have had the flu about 2 weeks ago, still have runny nose, that might have something to do it

Havent eaten anything im allergic to.

I really appreciate your advice, and i know its hard to make a blind diagnosis, but it does help to have someone give you some advice...

yes have had headache, have had the flu about 2 weeks ago, still have runny nose, that might have something to do it.

That will most likely have a lot to do with it. Don't worry or stress about it. have a nice hot cup of soup and sleep well tonight.

A body's Lymph nodes are like little soldiers that help fight infections.

do you have tonsils? if yes, are they red and enlarged? (if you dont know what im talking about then you probably dont have a problem with that).

yes i have my tonsils. i have had swollen tonsils before so i know what thats all about.

I will go to bed early and have a good rest.

If i am still worried or anything changes on by monday i will do something about it.

Your help is greatly appreciated...it helps, i wont worry as much!

i hate finding things that arent right...i managed to diagnose my appendicitis before i got to the hospital (just in time might i add) so after that things like this worry me. sorry...

Those glands come up when you are getting sick, I am amazed you made it this far without noticing!

Doesn't always mean you will get sick, but means your immune system is working.

Good warning sign to look after yourself better.

Hi go get it checked out, it probly isn't serious ,but a swollen lymph gland could be anything from an inection to worse. I had one several yeaer ago it was just infected. they will probly give you some anti iotocs first. that works most of the time. Best of luck

I didnt go until just before. Since i started this post my lump went down but I got real sick (stupid flu) all the other things I had (dizzines, not sleeping etc) are due to the flu I have.

So all in all I didnt have anything to worry about Thank goodness!

Thanks for asking! :D

:P Glad to hear you're sick with the flu and not writing your will! I am just like you when it comes to lymph nodes. Easily freaked out. Sometimes they don't go down for months or in fact never go down. Unless they're hard/immovable, growing, or there is a chain of them, they are usually harmless :)