I would like a new pet....any ideas?

I see. what about a bird then? - if your cats are OK with that.

Parrot species if you have a very strict, takes-no-rubbish type of personality like me. if not, you shall be the parrots pet :o :lol:

(be prepared to shed out several hundred (or in my case several thousand) for thing like toys, massive cage, toys, vitamins, wormer, cleaners, toys, and more toys, ear plugs... that sort of stuff).

or maybe a blue tongue lizard? bearded dragon, newts? (newt setups can be very beautiful if you are artistic).

oh! how could I forget rats!

female rats don't have well "hanging" bits, but are more prone to cancer. males are larger (awesome) but can smell sometimes if you don't keep em clean.

They look great in a tall parrot cage with toys in it, and they are very very interactive.

I can post a pic of some babies i used to take care of if you like.

I've been going through the same thing recently.

First i wanted frogs, but i decided that it's not the right time for me to set up live food.

Then i thought about turtles. But i realised that i want something fluffy-ish

So it went to chinchillas but as they were going to be in my bedroom a active during twilight times animal isn't the best.

And then i thought about birds. Now i'm getting 2 tame lovebirds :D :bounce:

It all depends on how much space you have (and where that space is) and whether you want to pet it or not

Ive had chinchillas before. Ive had pretty much every animal that you can have in NZ. I was moving around alot a few years ago which didnt able me to keep my animals.

I have since stopped moving and am settled in 1 place.

Maybe i should do the chinchilla thing again.

I was thinking rabbits. I do want something that I can cuddle and pat. preferably with fur. i love fish put you cant pat them!! :D

Hand reared bird for sure.

especially if you do the hand rearing yourself. Birds can be SO cuddly.

They are all very clever, interactive and entertaining.

Plenty of varieties to choose from. Budgies, lorikeets, or contact your nearest animal rescue center and put your name down for a orphaned bird. then you have even more options. Sparrows, blackbirds, starlings (awesome pets) magpies :wink:

6296resize.jpg

For a bird that gets so much bad press for being "aggressive" this Muppet is such a mammas bird! Cuddly and borderline seperation anxiety!