105w cfl

silva

would a 105watt cool white cfl work for plants in either a 1 or 1 1/2 foot deep tank?

bulb says: 4U105BC Z283

220-240V 50/60Hz

Just wondering before i put the effort into making a reflector for it thanks.

Daylight rated would be better, you can get them at Mitre10 or ITM, the Osram ones are better than the one in the brown box (can't remember the brand at the moment).

Cool white is something like 2700 deg kelvin, Daylight are somewhere around 5000 to 6400 deg kelvin.

Daylight rated would be better, you can get them at Mitre10 or ITM, the Osram ones are better than the one in the brown box (can't remember the brand at the moment).

Cool white is something like 2700 deg kelvin, Daylight are somewhere around 5000 to 6400 deg kelvin.

I beg to differ, 2700K is warm daylight as it more toward the red color end of the spectrum.

Years ago a frend had a hexagonal tank with guppies and platties etc and I think it was about 70 cm tall

He grew ambulia and various stem plants in it and used a cfl in a home built hood with great success.

He didnt dose teh tank just water changed and feed now and then

Not saying you cant do it ...it has been done...but not something I have tried...lol

Not much help but hope that helps....lol

Navarre

I thought this bulb was 6400k, a whiteish/blueish light it puts out.

105w is actual power rating as the size of bulb (minus ballast part) is 210mm long by 80mm wide.

Thinking of using it to get plants well established before adding fish as im sure it would blind anything that has eyeballs within 2ft of it.

It should be plenty of light for the plants I gave you the other night.

They are mostly low light plants.

The anubias will end up with algae growing on its leaves if put in too bright a light.

The crypt will do ok in the light you have.

The sord prefers brighter light, but will grow ok.