6.13 Rainbow lorikeet ( T. haematodus)

Charlie

ps it doesn't mention hybrids

:D:D :lol: :bounce:

Rusty's happier already, lol.

But what I really don't get is why people would release their pets! how stupid do you have to be? :lol:

If auckland hasn't banned them i find it very hard to see how/why the waikato is banning them.

PS- there are a fair few lorikeet breeders in the waikato aren't there? :o perhaps if they are banned, a petition may help.

:D:D :lol: :bounce:

Rusty's happier already, lol.

But what I really don't get is why people would release their pets! how stupid do you have to be? :lol:

Happens all the time. Unintentionally let them escape or get tired of them and release them into the wild.

I believe it was way more than 30?it was a personal ambition to have them wild here and apparently they were already breeding in the wild.Alot of trapping/shooting? went on to eradicate the family groups.Been quite for a while,must have got them all or the challenge of the albany chooks got priority?

We used to have a flock of about 15 in our backyard in birkenhead, on aucklands north shore. them among the other introduced parrots. the damage they did to our fruit trees was negligible, and they mostly destroyed fruit we wouldn't eat any ways.

the albany chooks on the other hand, were not allowed to be uplifted from the area, and new ones were not allowed to be left there. way to eradicate them - do not let any one take them away or re home them. sometimes i wonder who the brains behind these projects really are.