how many tanks do u have and how much power do they use

aaron11

hi !!!!!

how is everyone

my power has shot up the last month from about 400 units to 500.

I have a 3 foot turtle tank with light filter and 300 watt heater

a 22 litre baby tank with heater filter and light

and a 90 litre aqua one with filter and light and 150 watt heater

and a 60ish litre jebo ufo tank with 100 watt heater and 2 filters and light

my power has gone up a bit i been turning everything else off

how much would all these tanks use

i had a new theromstat in my hot water cylinder last yr

does the power go up for them in the winter because of the heaters going on and off

how much do u use cheers :bounce:

An extra 100 units...That's at about $.18ish per unit...Heh, So, an $18/month increase is shot up? My bill is usually around $300, I use 1000-1500 units a month. I have two medium sized tanks. I figure those two when it's really cold use about $75/month in electricity.

omg !!!!!! what am i in for lol

i cant really afford power bills over 100 i will have to save power i suppose

i honestly thought it was my hot water as i just turned it on and it was a bit hot from the tap but i think its meant to be like that when you first use it

PS last yh i only had the 60 litre tank and the turtle was in a 2 foot lol :bounce:

and omg at the lady with 1500 units i wont moan at my 500 then

We got a $600 bill last month, but other than that, my 7 tanks use about $100 a month. The 2 tiny tanks (20L) use the most, because they loose the most heat. A good way to keep them warm is put a sheet of polystyrene over the top glass at night. The fish don't mind (don't put it on the water of course) and it means the heaters don't turn on overnight.

hi wow 600 bucks my 500 units wasnt that bad then lol

all my tanks apart from the turlte have those plastic hoods with lights

one thing i will say the older type fish tanks are a lot easier to clean and a lot cheaper to buy ha

i got all mine second hand i paid 50 for the 22 litre, 300 for the 90 litre and stand 6 months old and the 60 litre half circle and stand was cheap for 70, not lookin forward to replacing the light tubes when they go !

lol

:bounce:

good idea i usually heat my room anyway we moving soon so im thinkin of having a craft hobby room with the fish in there might get rid of the lot and get one big tank i think that will be easier

thanks for all your help its been great :bounce:

my tanks cost me less in the winter, i unplug the heaters because of the fireplace being used will overheat them with the heaters on during the day.

It's too bad heaters don't have some kind of device in them to turn them off once the temperature reaches a certain point. What could we call it? A heatoswitch, maybe?