Reefs Reef Tank

reef

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do I see a black and white butterflyfish? Does it munch any of your corals?

I think what you see is a Moorish idol.

Hard to keep, but not had any major issues with them other than my crab killing one some time ago.

do you still have your regal?

I still have the regal in my sump tank. cant decide if i should put him in as the majestic is a risk.

Still have a black tang to go in but have to remove the yellow tangs so that they dont kill him.

Will remove the yellows and then put them back in at the same time as the black tang.

Taken me two years to get a black tang so i dont want any issues as at over $600 fish it gets a bit expensive to replace.

Hi all, im new to this forum and boy am i amazed!!!

reef, youre tank would have to be the nicest tank ive seen, i wouldnt have thort colors like that were possiable in nz. :hail:

it must be amazing in real life :o

Welcome JDM... if you are looking at a marine tank then you had better have a fat cheque book. I though owning a boat was bad but this marine tank bussines is ridicules. Oh and I no longer own a boat.

Yes Reef tank is increadable in real life.... in a legue of it's own. Unfortunitly my wife perfers a house than a tank like reefs. :cry:

Black Tang

Some info on reefs new fish.... very really caught as they are very deep and diver have to use a lot of air to catch them.... a very rare fish indeed.

Lucky bugger reef.

Latin Name Black Longnose Tang

Common Name Black Tang

Also known as Black Longnose Tang

Fast Facts Ship them on Mondays only because they'll ALL be long gone by TUESDAY. Black tangs are few and far between, typically months between specimens. Everybody wants this fish!

This species is black overall with a very long snout. Large specimens have a greenish-silver streak down the upper part of the body. This species is collected only from Christmas Island in the South Pacific and is rarely available. It is one of the most peaceful members of the genus, and like other Zebrasoma, it is generally easy to care for. The main thing you'll want to know is Black Tangs are few and far between, there's always a waiting list and they sell in an instant. Be prepared to jump on it immediately when one becomes available.

Sizes Medium/Around 2"-3"

Large/Around 3"-5"

X-Large/Around 5"-6"

Show/Around 6"-7"

Range in Nature Central Pacific

Minimum Aquarium Size 55

Diet and Feeding Herbivore, provide with a varied diet that includes frozen and flake foods for herbivores as well as dried algae sheets.

Ease of Care(5=easy, 1=difficult)

Reef Aquarium Compatibility Excellent reef fish. Will eat some algae.

Related Fish More Tangs

Availability Availability is slim to none. Typically months between specimens and they sell instantly. Don't hesitate when available!

Add to Cart Black Tang

Size Price Qty. Add

Medium $399.00

Large $399.00

X-Large $449.00

Show $499.00

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d41/Arronhooper/31DE81B35E094532933C2FC7A77E98EBESm.jpg

'>

Thanks for the info duke,

I did have a black tang a few years ago but it dropped dead one day for some reason. They are hard to get and there is only two in the country.

I think only 3 have ever came in and i have had two of them.

See if you can find the goby in this first pic

acrogoby06.jpg

[pocona06.jpg

redacro06.jpg