Hello (new from the Waikato)

HorseFreak

Hi & welcome!

Oh you will get lots of help here people are great! You said you are looking after the fish, so they are not yours???

How many of each do you have? Are they in one tank? Regular water changes help a great deal in keeping a healthy environment for your fishies. I have never kept bettas (ah, would love at least one someday 8) ) but you do know that you can't keep 2 male fighters together in same tank as they can and will kill each other, sounds harsh but true :(

Take care & have fun,

Caper

Well, they are mine I got given them. I know the basics eg. water change and the male fighters thing and how to feed them and clean the tank. I have 4 female SF and 1 male. I have a male guppie and 3 famales, one is pregant! yay. I also have a yellow sucker fish, not sure what you call them.

Hi Natasha

Good to see another fishkeeper in the Waikato. The WEaikato Aquarium Soc have a tank crawl where we go and view club members aquariums on Sunday 5th of April starting at 12pm at the Hamilton Zoo. You are welecome to come along and join us :D

Dave

Waikato Aquarium Soc President

I also have a yellow sucker fish, not sure what you call them.

I don't know much about them as there's not much variety where I live. But, if you post a pic someone here can probably give you an ID on it.

Caper