Flourish Excel - Is it worth it?

Olly

I'm thinking about buying some flourish excel to make my plants grow faster and keep algae at bay.

I'm wondering if people who use it think it's worth it.

Do you follow the dosage instructions in this advert? http://www.trademe.co.nz/Home-living/Pets-animals/Fish/Water-treatment/auction-204693769.htm

If not, what dosage rates and frequencies do people use?

Thanks in advance

a triple dose of flourish?

itll kill your algae and your fish.

its good. double dose if you have to.

far too many on here have seen its devastating effects if not used correctly, me included.

Oh also. you need to have the right lighting and the right nutrient in the soil if you want a planted tank to work.

If you are going to use it you will find it a lot cheaper to buy a 2 litre container. It is good for helping to control algae. The carbon aspect is the same as adding CO2 --You need established plants, micro and macro nutrients, a source of carbon and good light. Unless you have all of these you are realy wasting your effort on any part of the equation.

I use it and dose 2-3 capfuls a day into my 450 litre discus tank. Wouldn't even double it though with the discus in there. I seem to have no problem with my val. I use it to control the black beard algae in the tank and I use fertiliser balls to get the plant growth.

I buy a 2 litre container about twice a year. If the bba is well under control I reduce the dosage slightly for a week or so until its needed again.