free Nothobranchius guntheri gold eggs

toppwill

anyone interested in two batches of eggs - I collected them in peat and they are ready to be soaked and hatched nowish but i have no time or facilities. i will post them to you for no cost at all if you are interested

26/02 Have had a huge response to this post and eggs are en-route to two lucky hatchers. thanks.

Hi Stu,

Yep, still have the adults who will happily spawn every time I put the peat in their tank. I just don't have time or facilities to try to hatch what I have collected so far and it seems such a waste not to give it a go so I thought I would try to find someone who can hatch them.

I have two batches taken from the tank on 2nd Nov and 19th Jan.

Cheers,

Will

To Barrie: I only have these killis and they are my first. V easy to look after and spawn :-)

Hi Will

Welcome to the forums, and thanks for your generous offer.

How about adding your location to your profile in case someone is interested in picking these up, or inviting you to visit their killie setup.

Thanks Zev. Have added my location.

Spawning has been a breeze (although everything grows like mad when the peat is in the tank!), I just don't have time or space to try to hatch them and I gather that this sp is rare in NZ.

All Nothobranchius species are rare due to the # of people breeding them.

Hopefully this is changing as more people find that annuals killies aren't as hard as they may have though.

Guentheri is one of the easier species this is why it's great for people starting out in annual killies.

People like to start out with medium to challenging species before getting their feet wet with guentheri. This is possibly why annuals are considered harder then Non - annuals.

It's a shame you don't have the room to hatch your own spawnings, I find this part of the hobby really rewarding > you get to spawn the next generation then the next and so on.

I think you need to come around and see my setup so I can hook you into more specie :evil:

Don't go, it's a trap, I tell you....

You will leave Barrie's place with fish, eggs and tanks that you don't really have room for!

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...