Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hello

Featured Replies

Hi all

I am a newbie here, and at keeping fish, and love your forum!

I have some guppies (and naturally the many babies that result) and last night I could have said I have a beautiful blue Betta - who this morning is missing in action :cry:

I was in the process of changing my fish, and he was the only one I wanted to keep, but I guess my plans have been changed for me :(

Thanks to all of you who contribute here - there's such a wealth of information and a neat little community.

Lisa

Welcome to the forum Lisa :bounce:

Have you looked on the floor for your Betta? They can jump out of the smallest gaps. I keep the water level a bit lower on any tank that has a Betta in it.

  • Author

Thanks for the kind welcome everyone.

Yes, Mark, I've looked on the floor, in every conceivable gap - even moved the bookcase! Still no Betta. I figured he jumped out through the small gap where the cords go out of the tank, under the hood - even pulled my filter apart to see if he fell in the finger-hole where you lift off the lid (I have a Juwel tank). Suppose he will turn up somewhere really weird :roll:

:bounce: Hi & welcome :bounce:

Hopefully your fishie will turn up - sometimes they do hide for afew days then reappear, have you check in all possible hiding spots?

Hi & welcome!

I take it you haven't found your betta yet. Do you have anything inside your tank that he could be hiding in, an ornament, log, etc???

Hope you find him!

Take care & have fun,

Caper

  • Author

Thanks everyone

Yep - we have a cat, and that's where we figured he went. I moved everything in the tank, but no fishie. The Guppies are happy without him now though!

Welcome to the forums Lisa.

I hope you enjoy it here and I hope you find out the mystery of the missing betta.

:)

  • Author

Thanks for all the potential hiding places everyone. I pulled apart the filter and had a great hunt. The water is still ok, so he is unlilkely to be dead in the tank after all this time.

I think my beloved cat was a bit more cheerful than usual the other day. :o

Would quite like to replace him though - does anyone know of anyone who has some short finned blue bettas around here? The person I got him off sold the whole batch elsewhere, so all his siblings have gone. Hubby is not keen on the long tails.

Thanks

Lisa

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.