February 19, 200917 yr comment_291711 Hi all I am a newbie here, and at keeping fish, and love your forum! I have some guppies (and naturally the many babies that result) and last night I could have said I have a beautiful blue Betta - who this morning is missing in action I was in the process of changing my fish, and he was the only one I wanted to keep, but I guess my plans have been changed for me Thanks to all of you who contribute here - there's such a wealth of information and a neat little community. Lisa Report
February 20, 200917 yr comment_291728 Welcome to the forum Lisa :bounce: Have you looked on the floor for your Betta? They can jump out of the smallest gaps. I keep the water level a bit lower on any tank that has a Betta in it. Report
February 20, 200917 yr Author comment_291738 Thanks for the kind welcome everyone. Yes, Mark, I've looked on the floor, in every conceivable gap - even moved the bookcase! Still no Betta. I figured he jumped out through the small gap where the cords go out of the tank, under the hood - even pulled my filter apart to see if he fell in the finger-hole where you lift off the lid (I have a Juwel tank). Suppose he will turn up somewhere really weird :roll: Report
February 20, 200917 yr comment_291740 :bounce: Hi & welcome :bounce: Hopefully your fishie will turn up - sometimes they do hide for afew days then reappear, have you check in all possible hiding spots? Report
February 20, 200917 yr comment_291825 Have you got a cat? He may be inside it. :roll: Welcome to the forum. Report
February 20, 200917 yr comment_291840 Hi & welcome! I take it you haven't found your betta yet. Do you have anything inside your tank that he could be hiding in, an ornament, log, etc??? Hope you find him! Take care & have fun, Caper Report
February 22, 200917 yr Author comment_292102 Thanks everyone Yep - we have a cat, and that's where we figured he went. I moved everything in the tank, but no fishie. The Guppies are happy without him now though! Report
February 23, 200917 yr comment_292199 And I bet your cat's walking around with a BIG smile on it's face :roll: :roll: Lyndyloo Report
February 23, 200917 yr comment_292226 Welcome to the forums Lisa. I hope you enjoy it here and I hope you find out the mystery of the missing betta. Report
February 25, 200917 yr Author comment_292700 Thanks for all the potential hiding places everyone. I pulled apart the filter and had a great hunt. The water is still ok, so he is unlilkely to be dead in the tank after all this time. I think my beloved cat was a bit more cheerful than usual the other day. Would quite like to replace him though - does anyone know of anyone who has some short finned blue bettas around here? The person I got him off sold the whole batch elsewhere, so all his siblings have gone. Hubby is not keen on the long tails. Thanks Lisa Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.