Buying school books?

Stella

thanks phoenix.

I find the refill turns into chaos for me. I know you are unlikely to fill up an exercise book, so I buy the smaller ones.

(apparently there is no correlation between the quantity of notes a student takes, and their pass rates in exams. Ah the things people get to study! 8) )

I know you are unlikely to fill up an exercise book, so I buy the smaller ones.

:o

lol.. you need to see the amount of nnotes of vital importance i have to take.

1500 pages of finance 320 last semester, and those were my notes only. another 500 lecture slides, all terribly important. guess it depends what level the paper is at, and which subject it is, lol....

I personally would go for books. unless you are organised.

refil has its advantage in that you can just take one refill for all subjects, just remember to file the notes properly

or you could take a ring binder with dividers and put the notes away accordingly during the day.

I remember my days at uni, when it came round to exams, I spent around $50+ on photocopying of notes I didn't have :oops:

Good place for text books is the university 2nd hand book shop.

I use exercise books, usually 2-3 per subject for every half trimester. I write on 1 side of the page, and leave the other side blank, that way when I'm studying, I can write in extra notes in the other half, and everything's in 1 place. I can't organise refill, so I don't even try now!

Paper Plus had pretty good prices, and you get Fly Buys too.

Warehouse stationary - punched 1B8 books, I am like lmsmith, I use one side and use other for study notes.

I like the punched books so they can be stored in a small ringbinder with other notes, handouts, downloads etc.

What you all studying???

I love how excited we're all getting over school books.

I really can't do the binder thing, I never take a holepunch, so I have loose paper everywhere, then I accidently rip my refill and loose important pages....it's just a disaster! Books are much easier. Sometimes I like to pretend I'm 7 again, and glue things in :)

The year after I left uni I really felt left out not buying school books, after all, it had been an annual ritual for most of my life!

(I am privately pleased I get to buy school books again - ah the promises of what excitement the year will hold!)

I am doing a one year graduate diploma in Ecology, after which I may do Masters. I hope to be a freshwater ecologist of some sort.

I know it would be weird not buying books. I have a slight obsession with stastionary truth be told :). You should see my office!

I just finished a Bach of dance and graduate on the 20th yay but have just gotten in to do a Graduate diploma in teaching - so i will all ways have an excuse to buy books now :).

I lead a sad sadl little life.

Ok, I can see you are all so very intelligent :hail::hail::hail:

I've just started my last year of three year B.Ed - Primary teaching - I am a 'mature student' :lol: Ha thats a laugh, just turned 40. Complete change of direction in my life, and I LOVE to shop for stationary. Must be an addiction :wink:

I've heard there is a FANTASTIC stationary shop at either Albany or Westhaven. Have not been there but they have heaps of GADGETS for just about anything you can think of. That's a must for my next jaunt to Auckland. :D

Has anyone been there or do you know what it is called :roll: