Any ideas for new tank 8/2/09 1st log

gamefreek101

Just got new tank and would like your ideas i want it to be a pirate theme at the moment its still sitting to see if there any leeks till tomorow when ill be buying a external filter and heater for this also fine charcoal coloured gravel would love some ideas on plants or anything to do with this as i dont do fake plants ill need some smallish deep green ones for frount and something like eel grass for middle and something tallish for back this is a work in progress as money becomes available thanks.The tanks specs are as follows

Aquarium Length-915mm

Aquarium Width-383mm

Aquarium Height-392mm

Aquarium Water Height-320mm

And 5mm glass all around

Aquarium Volume = 130.637655 Litres

Empty Aquarium Weight (approx) = 17 kg

Aquarium Total Weight (approx) = 147 kg

DSCF0494.jpg

Im partial to S.American setups.... dwarf cichlids all the way, lol... can even have a small school of cardinals or something like that in there.

agreed!!!

I'm on the hunt for some rams but haven't decided which type to get! They will be sharing a home with a large angelfish!

i just dont see the point of changing fish when i have some i could use but maybe i just have to have 2 tanks goin

you can fill the water all the way up.. just have the whole waterfall theme going on, lol....

Im partial to S.American setups.... dwarf cichlids all the way, lol... can even have a small school of cardinals or something like that in there.

well you're half way there then.... angels (though they will eventually need a larger tank), and the bristlenoses are both S.American. So you can put them in the S.A tank if you choose to do so, lol :lol:

remember lighting is paramount for the propagation of aquatic plants - you have seen what i have done to grow plants....

Im not big on livebearers personally... but if you do have another tank sitting around, you can keep them in there...

just ideas i'm chucking around...

ok cool my point of live bearers it to be able to swap at stores or sell on tm to get more things i need for my tank not have to save so much$$$ if you know what i mean someone said to tape edges with heavy duty tape is this for looks or some other reason????

well you're half way there then.... angels (though they will eventually need a larger tank), and the bristlenoses are both S.American. So you can put them in the S.A tank if you choose to do so, lol :lol:

remember lighting is paramount for the propagation of aquatic plants - you have seen what i have done to grow plants....

Im not big on livebearers personally... but if you do have another tank sitting around, you can keep them in there...

i found this pic on this site this is the plant layout i was hopeing for but with a touch or my own style

IMG_4625PS.jpg

The planted tank you like the look of is certainly achievable but just make sure that you don't purchase fish who will wipe out plants.

As for taping the tank, how bad is it. If you set it up nicely with good landscaping would you really notice the outside edges?

My tank is in no way perfect but every one is so busy staring at it that they really don't notice. :roll:

if you like that look. sort out lighting first.no point getting those plants.. without the right equipment.. they will not survive.

it is a beautiful tank for sure... the plants are commonly available- should be no problem getting most of them.

PS- if you click reply on the bottom of the screen you wont have to quote all that someone has written, lol 8)