Lost bearded dragon today

bulldogod

Put one in outside cage and didnt notice small hole at bottom, must of happened when i was changing rocks around.Carnt believe that I didnt see it but beardie was gone, looked all day for it but like looking for needle in hay stack, put out some flyers and talked to neighbours. Anyone got any ideas? are they likely to stay around same area?

must be the weather for it?Went out today to find the male beardy in the backyard(fenced)could not see him in the usual spots so thought he must be under the buddlia bush,went over there and moved a few branches when something ran along the top of the fence and jumped into the yard,what?one of my water dragons!man can they go!lucky it jumped into the yard and not out or it would still be going.Caught it and put it back in its pen and cut down the tall paspallum stems it must have used as a ladder?

As for your beardy he would have gone to ground and will be curled up half buried in some weeds etc.Lost one of mine last year and found her 3 days later curled up under the lawn mower?good luck,no anyone from MAF ,they might want some real training for their dogs?

ahhh my worst fear but i got to tell you the person i bought my water dragons from sayed she lost 4 hatchings last year and cought three of them this year(now that they are bigger to catch)so there is hope its around your yard maybe look for digging spots tomorrow(mine like to dig before they go to sleep) (dont no what your yard looks like)but maybe put rocks around for basking spots

i dont no just thinking of what i would do

hope you find him?her

Still havnt found him, lots and lots of places he could be hiding, Ive tried leaving light on out there, Think hes proberly curled up some place, been trying figure out how hole got there, Think may have been done by lawnmowing contracter with his weedeater :evil: :evil: , thin cut alongthe bottom .Just have to keep looking.

Thought I had lost my four month old BD last week. Took him out the backyard for my nieces to see and he freaked when they came up to him and bolted under the woodbox which is beside another building that was built a few inches off the ground. I tried to grab him but he was so fast. The feeling of dread was amazing. About five minutes later i saw him hiding under some shrub cutting just away from the woodbox, and only his wee body was visible. I was very lucky, and i hope you get the same results. All the best of luck in finding him.

My backyard is about 10 metres x 10 metres?garage down one side ,house on another and 2 other sides high fence,rough mowed grass etc inside and when i put the beardies out there they can`t get out,but when you go to find them you are sure that they have sometimes?They don`t like to be out in the open and re always on high alert for birds and can see the tinyest speck of a bird high up in the sky.It will most likely be burrowed into some weeds etc not far from where the cage was.The time I lost my one I left the garage door open and it went in there and out the other door and just a couple of metres around the corne under the mower,three days later?I would go for a dog to find it,and I know people who have found missing tortoises with them,Maf sniffer dogs would be the go if you could get in touch with them,they are under good control and will just find it too.

my friends border collie has been a great asset in sniffing out the odd escapee turtle...even before I knew they'd escaped, so if you do know of a reasonably placid dog, it might be worth a try? Just the dog showing an interest in an area of the garden might be enough for you to search and find?

FOUND HIM, wow, carnt believe it, Went out by cage after work and was looking around , thinkng that it could be any place, Then neighbour was walking his dog and we let it sniff around the cage and he started going over to property next door, I thought it was just being a dog, but went over and had a look and saw beardie on a branch in compost area, :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: . He seems ok, beard is so black. :bow: