When fish stomach is swollen.... exciting!

henward

yeah

see, i feed my royal knife massivore delite, its the size of a panadol. but it swells to 2 to 3 times that

so it eats about 2 to 4 pieces, when its not swollena and dry

then 2 hours later, its stomach is almost bursting, kinda scary

but its getting really thick

well, i dont really do it on purpose - so calm down

i put pellets for loaches and all the others too, i cant really stop them from eating lol

its not like i can put my hand there and wave them away.

i put the massivore for my dat, arowana, bichirs and sinking carnivore for loaches and bichirs. they all fight for the food

they are actually very ravenous.

besides, the food is designed not to just kill them and burst them.

Hikari has gone through research that they swell. The massivore delite has a special ingridient that lets it digest well in the fish.

so before everyone gets up and arms that i am sadistic and enjoy seeing fish get hurt...

what im trying to say i like seeing fish get bigger, and huge.

:)

not at all

they are designed to be eaten like that.

my bichirs and all my fish eat them that can fit in their mouths, i stuff them into shrimp to push massive kicks in the shrimp. each pellet is 1.8 goldfish worth of caloric content.

i really do not believe that hikari will design a food that is bad for fish like that. this is so popular over seas, only because we are so little in demand for fish food we dont really know about them here.

my dat eats 2 and is satisfied.

thats probably why they are good at making fish huge

im with you on this one henward...

the feeling is somewhat "satisfying" in the least.

i love it when the larger fish stuff themselves. lol... especially fish like oscars, dats, aros, and the bigger stuff.

(years ago i had alligator gars and red bellies - was a lot of fun feeding them) (not in NZ ppl!).

i will

april ish i have my 2 8 foots to set up:D

phoenix, i thought you had alligator gars here!!!!

i would offer you 800 for one!!:)

i wish we had those monstrosities here!!

it is satisfying, its not cruel by all means, how can that be.

my knives are getting really really thick, the clown is so thick you cant see its belly swell anymore cos its same width

lol

i have stitches on one hand cause of the piranhas, and nearly lost my head to the gars.

mum hated the peacock bass tank cause a king fisher (bird) that she liked (and i hated) went in to get one, and never came out.

Im rather happy there are no alligator gars here really. nice to look at and all but a terrifying fish. :o

the amazing thing with the larger predators in the wild is that they do indeed gorge themselves and then not feed for awhile

the large fish eat larger prey and then hang around digesting it

the jardini will stuff himself until the food is hanging out of his mouth then spend 4 hours trying to swallow it

he has put on some size in the big tank henny baby

is 8 foot too small? i think thats rather large for only a few fish!

phoenix: gars are scary fish! thats why i love them. they get massive though, too massive, housing them would be a problem for most. Piranhas though i think is ok, too cold here in nz for them. so no risk.

depends really. they dont usually stuff themselves always

i would say every 3 feedings they would

i would come to the tank, and loaches go nuts,

then the knives come out - knife fish i mean :)

they all start circling under the tank where the food is usually dropped.

i feed the aro first and any pieces others eat, when hes done, then i drop a few massivore pellets.

then sinking carnivores

when its all gone, i put a little bit more

then i stop when they stop eating in about 5 to 10 mins. i tend to watch them you see.

sometimes they eat heaps, sometimes not.

today they did! both the knives.

so i dont force themt o eat, besides, you cant force fish to eat unless they want to - except the 6 bar distichodus

man that fish just eats anything.

thats the only one that doesnt stop eating, firs tto start, last to stop

honeslty, i would love a warehouse

but before we discuss further, post up a pic of yourself and what you are into 8)

I KID I KID!! lol

one of the things i wanna do is a massive monster tank in the house or somewhere in the house one day, but not yet.

i want pacus, heaps of them lol with lots of silver dollars. my own pseudo piranha tank.

Everyone is different, otherwise we would be like robots!!

monster fish are more entertaining i think than smaler ones i feel- but my main reason is that they cna eat other fish

so probably different to most others reasons:S

but yeah, little pretty fish are nice, but i get bored of them

I know what you mean about seeing the fish stuff themselves, and most can't eat so much they explode anyway. I love seeing my cichlids eat heaps, yesterday there was a big of an accident with overfeeding and I let them go at it. They ate so much it was hanging out of their mouths, and then sat still for the rest of the day. In saying that, they're not going to get fed for the rest of the week now, so I say sometimes doesn't hurt them.

The only way I can tell my big ornate is eating it to look for his swollen belly the following morning. I haven't seen it eat in over 18 months!

Henward I don't think there's anything wrong with how you feed your fish, but every week or two you should miss a days feeding, just to fast them a bit as they would in the wild. Then they'll attack the food even harder when you give it to them!