Does this stocking sound ok

axolotl-danio

:bounce: 165 litre aquastyle 850 :bounce:

:D means i defiantly want these.

:-? means i am happy to adjust it to your suggestions.

6-10 kyathit danios :D

6-10 glolight tetras :D

6-10 bronze corydoras :D

1 golden bristlenose :D

1 normal bristlenose :-?

2 dwarf cichlids (what would you recommend) :-?

1 female betta :D

3-6 kuhli loaches :D

3 myers hillstream loaches (will add powerhead and spray bar) :-?

1 dwarf gourami :-?

a few leopardfish (phalloceros caudimaculatus *spelling*) if my other leopard tank gets overstocked. :D

Well planted.

Lots of wood and hiding places.

Does that sound ok?

Could I add more?

What would be a good temperature?

We've got about that much in a 190 litre tank, and i would say it is right on the limit. I would also consider taking out the female betta or the dwarf gourami (or both) and adding back in the bristlenose, that way the tank is a bit more even and you have the added fun if the bristles breed, assuming you get a boy and a girl of course. It's always fun to watch that happen (of course you might want to get two of the same 'type' if breeding)

so would

6 kyathit danios

10 glolight tetras

6 bronze corydoras

1 golden bristlenose

2 Apistogramma borellii

1 female betta

3-6 kuhli loaches

1 dwarf gourami

and a few leopardfish

be ok?

I'd say thats still overstocked. I have an AR850 and don't have that many fish in it. Are you going to have a sand substrate for the kuhli's?

No i dont have sand I find the kuhlis just burrow into the Lilaeopsis novea-zealandiae.

How about:

6 kyathit danios

6 glolight tetras

6 bronze corydoras

1 golden bristlenose

1 ram (are they fine by themselves or do i need a pair)

1 female betta

3-6 kuhli loaches

3 platies

and a few leopardfish

It will be well planted.

I guess that's a good way to go about it but I dont really like to stock just by looks. I would rather get a few opinions and then see what i can work out. I have never stocked a tank that large before and some of those fish i have never dealt with before so i could not really stock it just by looks i would rather have some other peoples inputs. :hail:

I don't know that tank or tropical fish, but I am with Billaney.

The stocking level is not just the size of the tank and the number of fish, but also the feeding and waterchanging regime etc.

You 'get to know' what you tank can comfortably* deal with and what is pushing it.

* actually 'comfortably' is the key. If the tank is on the brink of being overstocked, it will always be on the brink of everything going disastrously wrong. Better to have fewer fish than to pack them all in like sardines.

Agree with above, comfortable is the key. I think you have too many tetras.

I suggest Colombian tetras, they are large tetras and are very colourful, you don't need them in very large numbers to make them look good. I have 6 in my tank and I'm very happy with them.

Also I would consider taking out the kuhli loaches, you hardly see them anyway, they most likely burrow into the substrate and not come out very often.

I would have a pair of golden bristlenose.