Leopard Geckos

Varanophile

Here are picks of the group. The fertility rate this season has been pretty bad, but the 2 males are not quite 1 year old so that may be why.

The plan is to have them for sale this time next year. Can all of you keen please send me an email to [email protected] and have leopard order in the subject line. They will be $1500 each, should be a dozen or so for sale. Happy to swap...what have you? Very keen on tortoises.

The 'leopard gecko manual'is the bible for these. They are much easier to keep than any other reptile I have, uv is not required and although they are nocturnal in the wild they will forage during the day no problem at all. Life span is 20 years plus. Native to Afganistan, so start planning your arab names...Osama is taken, he is one of the males firing blanks...lol.

They should hold their value well as clutch size is two, and they will lay up to 4 clutches in a good season.

2007_03270189.jpg

2007_03270219.jpg

2007_03270237.jpg

2007_03270199.jpg

2007_03270219-1.jpg

2007_03270120.jpg

lol...just because...remember the green ig saga? Just pointing out there is no such thing as black and white with reptiles and MAF yet..but here's hoping. Leopards are in the same boat as beardies and have been in private hands just as long if not longer. Being a desert animal I can't see any issues...but then we are not allowed leopard tortoises even though the male supplied to the zoo was from PRIVATE hands and legally imported..go figure.

BTW...if you look through one earhole you can see out the other side...but they still seem pretty clued up. They will climb up your arm if you put in the terrarium and explore. They all wiggle their tail just before they seize an insect which looks really cool. And they do make sound...a fairly loud clicking sound when they get peeved. They will eat calcium powder out of a bowl and all the animals go to the toilet in one place in a corner of the tank, which I guess makes it harder for snakes to sniff them out in their burrows in the wild?