Glass cleaning techniques

Tofigh

What do you include when you say "normal cleaning"?? I always use a glass scraper, same as painters use to remove paint from glass, that should remove your residue

I love that

I would turn over about $10000 per year on people that use those painters scrapers and with double glazing, it should improve to $30ooo per year.

Thank you.

Painters scrappers are called that and they should be called painters scratchers

Any painter worth his salt will use the stiff back razors at a last resort but never the hard stiff blades as they do and will scratch the glass

NEVER USE PAINTERS SCARPPERS

If the "residue" is whitish then it will probably be calcium/lime residue and will be etched into the surface of the glass. There is an acid that will reduce the effect but the surface will be damaged.

I love that

I would turn over about $10000 per year on people that use those painters scrapers and with double glazing, it should improve to $30ooo per year.

Thank you.

Painters scrappers are called that and they should be called painters scratchers

Any painter worth his salt will use the stiff back razors at a last resort but never the hard stiff blades as they do and will scratch the glass

NEVER USE PAINTERS SCARPPERS

If the "residue" is whitish then it will probably be calcium/lime residue and will be etched into the surface of the glass. There is an acid that will reduce the effect but the surface will be damaged.

Interesting, I use scrappers around one a month on my marine tank, there is no better way to remove Coraline algae that I know of. Have also cleaned a lot of paint off windows and never managed to scratch the glass. Are you sure it's not linbide scrappers? I've scratched and broken plenty of windows with those

Ive been a glass merchant for 40 years

Insurance companies recomend me to fix these problems

In reading what I wrote, it looks insulting and I honestly didnt mean it that way... Im sorry for that. :oops:

THE ONLY BLADES TO USE ON GLASS ARE THE STIFF BACK RAZORS