Adobe Photoshop CS4

yarimochi

OMG have you seen the price of it!!! $1419.95!! How the hell am I going to afford that!? Im a school student doing NCEA Level 3 Photography and Painting next year and I was wondering. Does anyone know if i can get a decent student discount?? Ive checked their website and I can't seem to find it anywhere... I wanted it to do digital art and photomanipulation on the new iMac I'm planning to buy along with a graphics tablet.

Thanks

Tut, tut boys, shame on you!

Cs4 has lept up in price with this release, and is awfully system resource hungry, especially video card wise.

You are better off buying CS4 Design Premuim, which will give you Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver and Flash, plus a couple of other things which elude me at the moment.

The Windows version is dearer than the Mac version, see if you can get the Academic/Education version, it is cheaper - I cannot log in at the moment and check the price for you.

I would not buy CS4 at the moment, wait until they have de-bugged it by releasing it to the general public and making them their beta testers!

Call me old fashioned but I don't believe in piracy. I enjoy the products I buy so I like to support the creator even if it means *gasp* paying for it. Photoshop is the profesional standard for digital photo maniulation. Nearly every magazine image you see has been edited in some way mostly on photoshop. I think I'll just bite the bullet and pay for it...

thanks for the PMs BTW guys.