Pleco Problem

Tsarmina

wandered past my tank this evening to find my 27cm Albino Pleco upside down. he was still breathing.

lifted tank lid and he stayed where he was. normally flees to other end of tank.

put net in tank, still did not move.

i ended up turning him over with the handle of the net. realised there was a problem as he never lets me get anywhere near him.

moved him into quarantine (28L tank is too small for him, but its temporary) with completely new water, air stone and small Elite filter. he is sitting on the bottom, has moved a couple of times, but only very slightly, and is occasionally rocking.

any ideas and is there anything else that i can do for him?

moved him into quarantine (28L tank is too small for him, but its temporary) with completely new water, air stone and small Elite filter. he is sitting on the bottom, has moved a couple of times, but only very slightly, and is occasionally rocking.

I think Tsarmina realises that. :)

I think Tsarmina realises that. :)

Whoops sori posted twice???? DOnt know how that happened.

How is the belly?

Is that sunken also or distended. Keep flow and airation up. When you say completely new water did you import anything from it's tank, even somw Bio as don't want to add to problem with too much change and shock that could cause.

Any new plants or fish lately?

ah sunken eyes on a plec may be a sign of being skinny as their plates would hold the shape ?

or am i assuming too much :D

stomach looks fine (got a good look when he was upside down) used about 2L out of his tank, the rest from the tap.

just a note, i have never used any chemicals when adding water to my tanks, and have never had any losses. Gotta love that magic Wainui water ;)

nothing new has been added to the tank in over 6 months. he lives with a black ghost knife (his best buddy) a clown knife, 3 convicts (which i'm trying to get rid of) and 2 buenos aires tetra.

Sorry to hear you lost him, Tsarmina :( It sounds almost exactly the same thing that I lost my Albino Common to about 6 months ago, same symptoms and oddly enough, mine was pretty much the same size as yours too. I couldn't find anyone who had the first idea what might have happened.