My New Boys

phoenix44

First one is a CT black velvet cross with something to give him the dark blue... looks jet black in the tank though.

DSC03193Large.jpg

DSC03204Large.jpg

There is another male on the way - a blue and red CT.

Looks like I will be setting up individual tanks for the fighters, lol... I couldn't resist getting them.

Went to animates today, and they had a new betta keeping unit thing on the wall with about 10 small tanks about 1L,2LMAX wiht male bettas, ALL sulking in the corner, And looked quited skinny. Had the fish been kept in Good water and good sized tanks i would have bought one.

What a waste, they were quiter nice ones :(

yeah i wouldn't put a fish in one of those permanently; its quite depressing.... I need two 20L tanks or so for the yellow male and the other red and blue that is with a friend... they should be happy in that... hopefully. i feel guilty keeping the yellow in a guppy breeder when the black one has 4ft of swimming space.

i think the first boy is well erm... not into women.

i had 4 for him to choose from. no flaring, no bubble nests, nothing. nada, zilch :o

I will be setting up 2 nano's with hang on filters... planted and everything. pure laterite on the bottom with a thin layer of gravel to keep it down. Tanks will sit side by side... still planning in my study breaks, lol... =)

ill set up the first tank at the end of this week... put pics of your nano up so i get some ideas, lol...

oh ill be using dwarf val in the nano, with goodness knows what else, lol...

thanks guys! i should be getting the half red and blue ct soon so ill put pics of him up too...

i thought albino would be cool... not very common in fighters, had one years ago...never seen anything like him again.

the golden male sorta looks like a gba lol...

i wish the black male would have the breeding urge, lol....

ill set up the first tank at the end of this week... put pics of your nano up so i get some ideas, lol...

Yeap I'll set up a log of how I'm setting up a nano...thinking about one of those tiny stingray filters and maybe daltons for substrate - I have a bag of white sand on hold for me not too sure yet... :roll: I'll also have to buy a tiny heater lol

ill be using this lille hang on filter i have lying around....those shark filters are overrated IMO, are there any alternatives you can get???.... to see what i mean, look at the size of the sponge in them...

i could be wrong though.. i just never did like them much - but then again maybe in a small tank it will be ok?

Im going to use this exo-terra red sand as substrate if i can order it in... looks great underwater...

You better set up that nano soon, your blue/red fighter is anxious to get out of his guppy breeder and take on my golden gourami! :D

I'd take a pic and post it for you, but your camera is way better quality than anything I could use...

I might pick up a bigger guppy breeder for your guy, I feel so guilty...

Hopefully this one will be 'into' your girls.

sweet I'll go for the white substrate and you can go for the red substrate..and then we'll compare :D

Was thinking about a sponge filter but they're not very attractive...can't have a cling on filter due to the lids on the tank.

Am on the look out for black laminated backing paper - think that would make the fighter stand out more as well as the plants and white substrate..

Do you work at a petshop? can you see if you can get any small lights?

paint polystyrene black and stick it behind the tank... insulates too, lol...

i am spending too much time and money on my fish. its ridiculous. sometimes i wonder what happens to my student budget, lol... I will look out for small lights - not sure that i have seen any that will be good for a nano....

u can hide a sponge filter in the corner or the bottom of the tank - cover it with a copious amount of plants.

I don't think i will be that concerned about filtration. ill do partial waterchanges once in a while.. as the mood sets in, lol.. there will only be 1 fish in there, occasionally ill put a female fighter in there, to keep him company.

Went to animates today, and they had a new betta keeping unit thing on the wall with about 10 small tanks about 1L,2LMAX wiht male bettas, ALL sulking in the corner, And looked quited skinny. Had the fish been kept in Good water and good sized tanks i would have bought one.

What a waste, they were quiter nice ones :(

Buy one anyway - save the poor little bettas! :bounce:

naah 2... voldemort - the black ct will stay in his 4 ft home... seems unfair to move him to something smaller.

the gold and the red&blue will get 1 nano each.

everyone in the flat wants my tank in the lounge next year, so i can keep the nano's in my room lol.

u should come to palmy some time and visit....

haha yeah will definately roadtrip up some time and have a good ole catch up!...and maybe steal a few fish lol..oops did I say that out loud again.

that idea with painting the polysterene is ingenious! NEVER would've thought about that..if I get a few nanos lined up together I could just put a normal light on top aie?

do you flat with anyone I'd remember? are you staying here in Summer?

yeah ill be working at the pet shop and the bank over summer, will be moving to a new house too so u could visit easily... not flatting with any one you know.... ill be using a shared light over the nano's too... and will use painted black poly as well... works very well... the 1 filter will get shared between tanks, lol.. ill run it once a week for a day in each tank haha....