Baby Mutant Sucky Fish????

lmsmith

I already had a discussion with this person on the TM messageboards. Seems the only 2 fish in the tank are this 'apparent' pleco (which is 3 years old and only 10cm, but it is in a 35 litre tank...) and the male golden.

However, when she provided the photo of the female I asked her if she took it and she never answered that. Whether she forgot or not... but I have a sneaky suspiscion that she might have gotten the pleco photo from the internet?

Its hard to google and find out whether they can interbreed as bristlenoses are so often referred to as pleco's :-? But they are different species so I assumed not

Yeah, the whole thing seems dodgy to me...they are two different species, so I think she's either misidentified, or there's something else in there. I think a yellow spot would probably be bigger than 10cm in 3 years, even if it is in a grossly undersized tank...

lol... ive just been looking at the auction etc. i mean what the heck?

you CANNOT just breed 2 completely different fish from different genus's together!

i think the "fish" in the tank are just plain old worms or something. or maybe the laws of evolution, genetics and phylogeny don't apply here?

:o

lol you hear of something new everyday 8)

I saw this when it was first listed and have watched this all develop.. That person should have just got a second opinion on her fish id's and stopped being so difficult.. Id say GBA with a normal bristle or just a straight out scam..

Trademe don't care about dodgy auctions or people stealing photo's I have had them stolen off my auctions and used on others.. People were saying they were the fish for sale when you could clearly see where they had done a sceen capture and cut it out from my auction.. I contacted trademe and said it was a breach of their terms and also illegal and also contacted the seller via an auction (got blacklisted) and trademe removed my question let the auction run with my photos on it.. Never heard anything back from trademe regarding it and the listing was never withdrawn..