A 'Hello' from the North Shore

Stu :)

Just quick note to say 'hello' and a quick intro and fishy background.

My name is Stu and I've spent most of my adult life at university. My interests include RC Boats, wargames and photography.

I've keep fish before mainly cold water (I was good with Black Moors) and then after a tank disaster I bought a second hand heater and kept tropical fish in my early teens; the usual starter mix of barbs, guppies, danios, swordtails, a silver shark, an angel fish and some yellow-black snake-like fish that kept playing dead :(

I've won a good re-starter setup on TradeMe (tank, heater, filters, pumps, etc) with a view to setup an Amazonian bio-type tank.

Just quick note to say 'hello' and a quick intro and fishy background.

My name is Stu and I've spent most of my adult life at university. My interests include RC Boats, wargames and photography.

I've keep fish before mainly cold water (I was good with Black Moors) and then after a tank disaster I bought a second hand heater and kept tropical fish in my early teens; the usual starter mix of barbs, guppies, danios, swordtails, a silver shark, an angel fish and some yellow-black snake-like fish that kept playing dead :(

I've won a good re-starter setup on TradeMe (tank, heater, filters, pumps, etc) with a view to setup an Amazonian bio-type tank.

Kuhli Loaches??

Welcome :)

Thanks for the welcome.

Ahhh... after a quick google that annoying fish WAS a Kuhli Loach.

Darn thing use to either float around on the surface pretending it was dead until I netted it out, or when I was pretending to be alive is use to wrap itself around the plant stems in front of the filter outlet.